Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

24th June...sorry I am a crap client..

5 posters

Go down

24th June...sorry I am a crap client.. Empty 24th June...sorry I am a crap client..

Post by whitzendJane Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:05 am

Managed to drive myself to acupuncture again for my last session...to be honest the Doc is lovely but the effort of dragging my sad, sorry behind 40 mins into town is not balancing out against any slight benefit I can get from the treatment. I have started to bruise on my arms where the needles go in (not that it hurts when she's doing it) and the results so far have only been small or in todays case no existent. I have decided not to book anymore sessions now I have finished this 6 week course.

I actually got worse today during treatment which is unusual and a bit pants. Especially as I have had the rare foresight to arrange a haircut after my treatment in anticipation of briefly feeling up to a baptism of 'salon fever'.

I arrived at Tony and Guy and felt so grim. I told the very pleasant stylist I would be leaving my sunnies on as I had a migraine. She was very nice about it..she even pretended not to stare when after having my hair washed (and yes that made things worse, as did the loud radio and bright lights reflected in the copious amounts of mirrors) I rifled through my vast holdall (aka the medicine bag) and promptly downed everything I could lay my podgy little mitts on. She looked on worriedly as I turned a whiter shade of pale and watched me struggle with the dilemma of whether to consider yaking up in said medicine bag or 'leg it' ungraciously across the salon. As the room was starting to spin I asked her to 'give me a minute' and I waited for the anti emetics to kick in.

The poor lass was so gracious about it all and again half way through cutting my hair I started to spin out again. I burbled 'just talk to be about anything' in an attempt to stop me from thinking about being sick ( I have an innate fear of being sick in front of strangers). She worked super quick and didn't arse about with my hair anymore than was necessary...the quickest haircut ever..and bless her she did a really good job. I just kept mumbling 'I'm so sorry I don't mean to be rude'.

So Fiona at Tony and Guy (who had never seen me before in her life)..Thank you for being a really decent human being today and not making me feel a freak...thank you for your sympathy...thank you for being a really good quick hairdresser AND for sorting my hair our so I do not resemble Cousin 'IT' from the Adams Family at the school Fete tomorrow. Oh and I am sorry that in my state and flustered-ness I forgot to leave you a tip.

I will write and thank them because kindness like that doesn't happen everyday.

Oh and despite once chucking up infront of thousands of people at the Manchester Arena (my worst possible social phobic nightmare)...I still worry about being seen so indisposed when having an attack..it's the loss of dignity that freaks me out.

DOes anyone else carry an emergency sick bag with them? Please say it's not just me.

Jane
x
whitzendJane
whitzendJane
Admin

Back to top Go down

24th June...sorry I am a crap client.. Empty Re: 24th June...sorry I am a crap client..

Post by Tee Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:43 pm

Oh you poor baby - but well done you for sticking it out - how on hell did you manage to drive home?

Sorry the acupuncture has not worked, it looked promising the first week Sad

I do not carry a sick bag - but then there could be one at the bottom of the bag - God alone knows whats in my bag - when its full I just move to a new bag LOL.

Hope the school fete is a good one Smile

Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

24th June...sorry I am a crap client.. Empty Re: 24th June...sorry I am a crap client..

Post by Sarah Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:59 pm

Oh how awful. What an absolute nightmare! That would put me off ever going to the hairdressers again!

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by whitzendJane Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:59 am

Drugs kicked in sufficiently..although I had to wait in the carpark (it was thankfully dark) until I knew I could concentrate well enough to get home.

I have written to Tony and Guy to thank them for their kindness..maybe I could persuade them to set up and migraine and autistic hairdressing day for those of us with sensitive overstimulated brains?

Jane
xx
whitzendJane
whitzendJane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:35 am

OHHHH good idea - I have given up and am now going native LOL geek
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheena Hulston Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:56 am

Ohh Poor Jane, thank goodness I dont have to suffer hairdressers anymore. Last time I went I had to stop her to chuck, but made it to the loo.....never been since... Id sat there with water pouring out my eyes before I lost control as well. Nightmare affraid
I now have a Lilka my lovely daughter in law to be who lets me wash my hair and she cuts it and drys it on any evening I feel up to it.... as she lives with us......every house needs a Lilka!!!!
She even straighten my hair for me on friday night when I had to sruggel out for a meal..... in short I love her...... No smells, no back neck washing, no chatting just the messy hair fixed.
I wish you could borrow her x x xx
Sheena Hulston
Sheena Hulston

Back to top Go down

Post by JACQUELINE TEW Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:48 pm

Bless you ,i do cary an emergency sick bag after throwng up in the passnger footwell of my car (unfortunately after having had a summer fruit smoothie earlier in the day ,bright pink vom eewww ) .
Ended up i A&E that day ,car took longer to recover than me had airfreshners every where ,funnily enough no one wanted a lift anywhere for a while either lol xx
JACQUELINE TEW
JACQUELINE TEW

Back to top Go down

Post by whitzendJane Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:21 am

I wrote to Toni and Guy and got a lovely mail back and they rang the salon I went to and really praised up the girl who cut my hair. I explained about how people like us suffer in salons etc..so was pleased it was a positive response for all concerned and a bit of awareness training for the staff.

Am SO glad it's not just me who has the emergency sick bag. I saw a chiropractor giving free assessments today and after she fiddled with my neck I nearly yacked LMAO.

She said my neck is really bad again and yet another professional amazed at my horner's syndrome...maybe next year I should just set up my own stall at the fete and invited all the local health providers to view my dodgy eyes at £1 a go?
whitzendJane
whitzendJane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:34 am

So glad they gave the girl some good feedback. Smile

I have a huge fear of people fiddling with my neck and, although I did see a chiropracter years ago that really helped me (but not with the migraines), I have such a fear of having my neck clicked again, i swear I'd actually rather put up with the migraines! That, as you can imagine, is really saying something!!

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down