Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3rd May 2011

3 posters

Go down

3rd May 2011 Empty 3rd May 2011

Post by wildone Tue May 03, 2011 8:11 pm

Morning all.

Sorry I haven't been on for a few days, but was in hospital last week for 3 days while they did more tests and lots of talking with docs.

They have put me on Pregablin tablets, to try and stop the electric shocks in the brain, they are slowly kicking in but getting bad tremmors from them.
Gotto go back for more tests and scans but will get letter to tell me when.

One thing they did notice was how my eye brow on my right side had dropped and wondered if one of my "hemiplegic migraines" was actually a tia stroke, which could have been last weekend. Its one question I have always asked when is a HM not a HM but a small stroke........and no one can answer that for me, especially as I have a history of strokes.

Anyway hope all is ok with everyone and off to make a cuppa.

Graham

wildone

Back to top Go down

3rd May 2011 Empty Re: 3rd May 2011

Post by Tee Tue May 03, 2011 10:00 pm

Hi there

Welcome back Smile

So pleased they are doing something for you and I hope the Pregablin works too - the temmors may settle - fingers crossed.

The TIA vs HM is an interesting question - I too have had both and often wonder - the only thing I have found reported - is that HM builds up, so you get a weakness somewhere first, that gets worse, but a TIA is sudden. Must say I knew I had had the last TIA as the numbness / pain in my head was totally different...... but HM is so like stroke.... its a hard one to call....

Have you had the PYO test done? and are you on the mini Aspirin?

Tee x
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheena Hulston Tue May 03, 2011 11:50 pm

Its all so hard I had no TIA (am assuming thats a clot?) although they did no lumber puctur to check at the time but my right arm leg hip mouth and eyelid and sometimes bottom eyelid can drop weekly!!!! I thought that's what happened with everyone's aura on hemaplegic migraine!!!! What is everyone else's "AURA" like then?
hope all goes well x x
Sheena
Sheena Hulston
Sheena Hulston

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheena Hulston Tue May 03, 2011 11:56 pm

Pregabalin was the medication that sent me loopy and my step son home to his mother (I must have been bad to send him home) lmao.
My poor husband kept telling me to go Drs but my GP thinks migraines are mind over matter!!! so had a rough 2 weeks on them!! then went on Sodium Valproate! Hope you cope better with them x
Sheena Hulston
Sheena Hulston

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Wed May 04, 2011 12:35 am

Hi

I have just set up a HM Vs TIA thread in coping with migraine - thought it might be an interesting one to discuss....
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down