Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's starting :(

2 posters

Go down

It's starting :( Empty It's starting :(

Post by sarlyka Wed May 23, 2012 2:30 am

I can feel the migraine starting. I'm tired, keep yawning, vision is poor - blurry with shadows down right side. Neck hurts, head feels too heavy. Balance is poor - wobbly, leaning to the right.
What do I do? I took Imigran yesterday evening as I had a migraine then. It worked but I don't like to take it two days running.
Is this one going to be a one day migraine, or will I be bedridden for the rest of the week?

sarlyka

Back to top Go down

It's starting :( Empty Re: It's starting :(

Post by Kala Wed May 23, 2012 10:56 am

I can totally empathise as I have a mega attack brewing...it started yesterday with tingling and numbness down the left side of my nose into my cheek, which was very strange as I've not experienced it there before. It's normally around my mouth. Anyway I was ok but when I was out with my mum sat waiting for her in the hair dressers my left side started tingling...nothing major but I was becoming concerned. I was able to keep it at bay but the time we arrived home my head was kicking off big style so I had to resort to an imigran injection, which is not a pleasant experience due to side-effects. The problem was I was going to see Westlife in concert tonight so I had to rally round and thankfully after an hour's nap I managed to pick myself up I think the adrenaline kicked in. We had a brilliant night but I know I'm going to pay for it big style because it continues to bubble under the surface. I have been pushing myself really hard lately as I have had so many things to do and I'll be so relieved when all this form filling will be complete...the stress of this is what I believe is to blame but who knows!!! I do hope you're feeling better soon. Big hugs x
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by sarlyka Wed May 23, 2012 5:51 pm

It's such a horrible feeling knowing the migraine is going to hit you at some point. I've survived the night but right side of head is 'painfully numb' (if that makes sense). I get the tinging in the end of my nose and flickering eyelids.

Glad you enjoyed Westlife. It's so important to get out and do normal things, even though there's a huge price to pay for it afterwards.

sarlyka

Back to top Go down

Post by Kala Wed May 23, 2012 6:27 pm

Remarkably I've also survived the night but it is certainly rumbling under the surface. I agree it is awful knowing you're going to get struck down by one at any time. I think I'm keeping mine at bay (at the moment) anyway because I have so much that needs doing and quite possibly when I take a step back and relax is when the dreaded thing would strike!! Sometimes I just wish it would start just so I can then get over it quicker instead of having days with you knowing it is lurking and waiting to strike.

Westlife was fantastic thanks and it was the first time I'd been out in months. I was just so relieved I was able to go.

You take care and I hope when yours does finally decide to show it's true colours you have a speedy recovery.

Michala
x
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by sarlyka Mon May 28, 2012 6:42 pm

It took a long time. I managed to put it off for the rest of the week with Imigran, Oramorph and diazepam. Then it hit me in the early hours of Saturday morning. Thankfully, it wasn't a hospital case - just lots of drugs and sleep. Ruined all my plans for the weekend - but I'm used to that.

Now making the most of the next few days because I know another one isn't far away.

sarlyka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down