Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chronic Fatigue? Vitamin B12 Injections Might Be the Answer

2 posters

Go down

Chronic Fatigue? Vitamin B12 Injections Might Be the Answer Empty Chronic Fatigue? Vitamin B12 Injections Might Be the Answer

Post by Tee Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:53 am

August 2, 2011 By Nina Varghese

A deficiency in Vitamin B12 manifests as chronic fatigue, pins and needles in the extremities and migraine. New research now shows that this problem, which was once considered deadly, can be treated by administering the energy booster Vitamin B12.

Vitamin B12, also known as cobalamin, is found in diary and meat product and is essential for the body. The main function of Vitamin B12 is to support the production of red blood corpuscles (RBC). When the RBC count drops the person becomes anemic, which in turn bring about fatigue, breathlessness and feeling under the weather.

Vitamin B12 is required for converting foods which contain carbs, fats and proteins into energy. The entire body requires Vitamin B12 and this includes white blood corpuscles (WBC) WBC needs Vitamin B12 to build up a layer of fat which will keep them damage free, while the brain cells require B12 to protect them.

If you have a Vitamin B12 deficiency it will gradually affect your nerves, mainly the feet and then it will move on to your hands and legs. People with such deficiency will find that that their thinking has also slowed down.

http://www.planetinsane.com/chronic-fatigue-vitamin-b12-injections-might-be-the-answer/2621278/
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Chronic Fatigue? Vitamin B12 Injections Might Be the Answer Empty Re: Chronic Fatigue? Vitamin B12 Injections Might Be the Answer

Post by Sarah Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:27 am

I've got to say, this has really got me thinking again about vitamin B12. Not only for myself, but also for my dad and father in law (apparently vitamin B12 deficiency is rife in the over 60s). I really think both of them show signs.

But, reading about it some more, apparently vitamin B12 deficiency results in excess oestrogen, which is what I have all the signs of (endometriosis, fibroids, skin hyperpigmentation etc). I have taken sublingual B12 sporadically in the past, but I'm going to go for it again.

Oh and even gastric stasis, which I have developed a real problem with, is associated with vitamin B12 deficiency.

Apparently the regular blood tests for B12 deficiency only pick up on pernicious anaemia, ie extremely low levels, rather than levels that are lower than they should be.

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Chronic Fatigue? Vitamin B12 Injections Might Be the Answer Empty Re: Chronic Fatigue? Vitamin B12 Injections Might Be the Answer

Post by Sarah Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:24 am

Hmm... I really shouldn't be saying this, as it's only been a few days on the sublingual vitamin B12 (ie not absorbing it via the stomach, but within the tissues of the mouth), but... my eye has been a whole lot less painful. My eye is something that was diagnosed as dry eye, but it triggers migraine, and I'm actually starting to think it might be optic migraine itself. Anyway, whatever it is seems to be improved!

I have 1000 mcg sublingual tablets, and I decided to start on two a day, on the basis that you can also buy 5000 mcg ones! Then I decided perhaps I ought to drop it down to one a day, but the following day my eye and head were awful, so since then it's been back to two tablets again.

I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up but... well, you know how it is!! I even went to the cinema last night, which I haven't done in ages.

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:01 pm

Smile thats amazing - long may it reign - its so nice when you get a result like that.

And cinema whoo hoo
Tee
Tee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:40 am

Just to update on this again. I've stepped up the sublingual tablets to 5000 mcg, as I don't think I absorb it that well even having them dissolve in my mouth (mainly because I can't just leave it sitting in my mouth, for fear of my poor teeth, which are in a sorry state at the moment!)

The main thing that is happening (as well as an improved eye) is massive candida die-off! This has been going on for a few weeks now with no let up. I itch from head to toe! (sorry for TMI there! Wink) I just hope there is something good on the other side of this die-off!

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:26 am

OH that is good news - I never knew it had an effect on yeast - hmmm you have me thinking now....Smile
Tee
Tee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:57 am

It's unexpected for me too, I have had candida die off many times, so I definitely recognise it, but I really didn't think I was going to get it from the vitamin B12. I can only assume that I was deficient and that it's an immune system thing.

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:58 am

Just to update, another month on and I'm still getting candida die off from the vitamin B12!! It's sporadic and strange, eg some days my skin looks really clear, then others it is absolutely full of hideous huge spots!

Other developments are that my hair is going straighter! Also, I had started to get some numbness in my right arm from time to time. When I started the vitamin b12 it got worse, which was alarming. But now it seems to have gone altogether.

I've seen no improvements with my migraines as yet, but all this candida die off isn't helping with that!

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:06 am

wow - how long do you expect it to go on - I assume you are not putting any more yeast in?

Is the numbness normal?
Tee
Tee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:09 pm

I wasn't very clear in my message last night - the occasional right arm numbness had started in recent months before the vitamin B12. Then when I started the B12 it got worse for a couple of days, then just seemed to disappear. I heard something about vitamin B12 'waking up' the nerves, which can cause temporary worsening, so maybe that's what it was. Shows it is doing something, anyway!

I find that when I get candida die off it goes on and on for weeks. Makes me laugh when you read things that say it will be a few days or so! It's not as bad as it was, I don't think...

I'm not being brilliant about restricting my diet, which probably doesn't help - I really shouldn't be taking in any sugar, but... I'm only human. Embarassed Very Happy Am not having much yeast at all, but I don't find that makes any real difference anyway (since yeast doesn't feed yeast).

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:23 pm

Oh I was told to cut all sugar and yeast - ie breads, vinegars, dried fruit etc Easier said than done on the sugar front - but I have found that the other stuff is easy - we are now all gluten free Smile and its made a hugh different to my tummy and the twins look so much better. I am not sure I have candia as I am not having a die off as expected.....

This does show that the B12 is doing something.... just wish it had helped you with the head pain Sad
Tee
Tee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:10 pm

I'm virtually gluten-free too - just a little here and there, so I don't get any yeast from bread etc. The only yeast I have is a little in gravy.

I think the reason they sometimes say to cut out yeast is because it can add to symptoms, rather than helping the candida grow.

Something else strange I heard about vitamin B12 is that a sign of deficiency is when you have no nail 'moons'. Mine still mostly aren't there, even after a couple of months of B12, but it'll be interesting to see if they show up at some point!

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:46 pm

Oh that's interesting - I only have one on my left thumb...... maybe I should look into this more - the magnesium defo helps Smile

I have managed to get some gluten free gravy Smile and the Sainsburys range of breads and cakes are fab Smile

Tee
Tee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:54 am

I forgot to say something else too. I am definitely feeling warmer than I was (I'm a really 'cold person' and have had my thyroid tested many times over the years). My hands and feet still aren't great, but I'm warmer in general. So much so that I've even had to buy a better deodorant!! Embarassed

I have a theory, which may or may not be bananas, that it has raised my body temperature slightly, which is killing off the candida!

I've been reading about something else too, about copper/zinc imbalance. Will start a separate thread for that one!

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down