Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buteyko breathing

4 posters

Go down

Buteyko breathing Empty Buteyko breathing

Post by Tee Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:10 am

I have just come across this and wondered if anyone had tried it? I have noticed when I meditate and control my breathing I can get the pain level to go down Smile

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Buteyko breathing is often used for managing stress. It is also a beneficial tool for people with breathing problems, such as asthma. If you have tension in your chest, shoulders or abdomen, this breathing technique can help you as well. You can learn how to do Buteyko breathing in a few short minutes.

Instructions

1 Find a comfortable place to sit or lie down. A quiet, dimly lit room is the best type of environment. The more comfortable you are, the more effective Buteyko will be.

2 Close your eyes and focus on your breathing. Start by taking slow, deep breaths through your nose. Do this for at least 1 minute.

3 Take shallow breaths. Inhale just enough air so that you can breathe comfortably. Hold each breath as long as you can. Do not push yourself with this step. If you find yourself gasping for air, return to Step 2 and start over again.

4 Hold each breath a little longer than the previous one. Do this for 10 minutes per day.

Read more: How to Do Buteyko Breathing | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5144474_do-buteyko-breathing.html#ixzz1SIiq9xyJ
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Buteyko breathing Empty Re: Buteyko breathing

Post by Sarah Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:40 am

I've heard of it (for asthma), but not tried it.

Might have to practice this/give it a go. Smile

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by whatgoes? Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:33 pm

I have used this for years and it is wonderful. We tend to be shallow breathers and this system helps us get more oxygen which interestingly can either relax or speed up the body. I do it to help me fall asleep (it works) but it also does help with pain relief and much more. Oxygen is helpful with so many problems including relieving stress and we all know that we HM suffered have a problems getting enough oxygen to the brain. The great thing is, IT IS FREE! You can really do it anywhere and controlled deep breathing is so easy. Just follow the system outlined by Tee. It may feel weird at first but just as quickly begin to feel natural. It is great to do while listening to the sounds of ocean waves which has a similar rhythm. Talk about soothing! I highly recommend it.

whatgoes?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:59 am

Thats great new:)-I am doing this a lot at the moment and it does help bring the stress levels down and pain levels:)
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by pīwakawaka Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:10 pm

I've found similar techniques and also self-hypnosis useful if the only significant issue with a migraine attack is mild to moderate pain. They do seem to reduce the sense of pain somewhat. However, I have found that I need an alert mind to be able to perform the techniques.

Brain fog, confusion and/or intense pain play havoc with the skills I need to use. In my case I usually don't make the connection between my condition and what I can do to moderate it. Self awareness and common sense seems to fly out the window whenever a migraine slides in through the door Sad
pīwakawaka
pīwakawaka

http://anotherspectrum.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down