Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tesco Lights

+9
JACQUELINE TEW
onandoffagain
chaos8569
whitzendJane
Sarah
Sheena Hulston
Katie
Tee
pauldconnell
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tesco Lights Empty Tesco Lights

Post by pauldconnell Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:46 am

Just realised from reading another post that one of my triggers is shopping in Tesco, whenever i go into a Teso store i get terribble headaches, and feel really unwell, it doesent happen in any other store though, so it must be the type of light Tesco use affraid
pauldconnell
pauldconnell

Back to top Go down

Tesco Lights Empty Re: Tesco Lights

Post by Tee Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:57 am

whooo hooo - That is one of my big ones LOL I wonder if we should tell them??

Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Katie Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:15 pm

The lights there get me too.....sadly I still need to buy food occasionally.
Katie
Katie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:40 pm

Oh I love delivery on line Smile

Thinking about the 'noise' post I thinks its that as well. A combo of lights, too many people moving about, too much noise, too much smell and to many decisions.....
Tee
Tee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:47 pm

Oh your going to laugh - I was obviously on another planet on Tuesday - I could not face Tesco's so did the order on line...... they delivered it yesterday and I was sure I had ordered more...... oh well.

Well 2 mins ago - they delivered AGAIN - yep I had placed TWO orders during the day! I have no recall of doing so.... The kids are going to have a field day - both fridges are now jammed - its like xmas - oopes
Tee
Tee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheena Hulston Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:53 pm

There was me thinking it was just me forcing my fogged up brain to make a decision....I get half way round and get a massive pain then on comes an Ice pick migraine( love the fact I know what its called now) I used to say "before someone starts stabbing me in the head"
I find reading lists as bad so on line no good for me either goodness knows what they will end up with tongue ...ice cream for Sunday lunch...so I will stay with old faithfulls and a headache once a week. Don't even take a list as that confuses me more! I tell hubby what we want and hope he remembers, Go late as no one in and music is low and soft, if on at all, and bakery is shut.

Sheena Hulston
Sheena Hulston

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheena Hulston Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:55 pm

Thats why I dont do online TEEEE HEEEEE
Happy munching Cool
Sheena Hulston
Sheena Hulston

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:04 pm

Its not you hun at all - when I had my TIA we would go to Tesco as my 'time out the house! doh' and I could only do 2 isles and had to go sit down - we knew I was getting better by doing the 'Tesco' test - ie how many isles I could do before I gave it.

Once I stood for at least 20 mins looking at the bread, I knew we needed bread, I just did not know which one - there was so many - (we always have the same one btw!!) I knew people where looking at me - but I just had no idea what to do - my 5 yr old son found me and picked the bread - I was so relieved!!!

I have found a favourites button on the Tesco on line shopping, I never do a search for anything - thats too much thinking - I just scroll down the favourites list, looking at the pictures and tick off what looks nice lol Ok we end up with a bit too much chocolate once in a while but hey oh..

Very Happy It feels good when you know the name of stuff - I am still looking for the name of 'vasaline' eyes lol

Tee
Tee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:06 pm

I think I might write to Tesco and try and find out what it is - I know shops do a lot of research into lighting (I am a marketing manager) and they light stuff to make it look good.

But so many of us seem to have a problem with them - if we knew what it was it might help......
Tee
Tee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:49 pm

Funny this should come up, as my mum always complains about the lights in one of our biggest Tescos near here. She doesn't get migraines as often as she did, but the lighting definitely triggered one once.

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by whitzendJane Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:00 pm

Their staff told me they have bad heads too. Ikea is another. My other half had his 1st MIG in Tesco too. I have more problems in the new 'eco' store too.
Jane
X
whitzendJane
whitzendJane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:37 am

I have written to them Very Happy ............. I wonder if they will reply?
Tee
Tee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chaos8569 Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:19 am

I now do my shopping in my sunglasses just in case and I find ASDA just the same .

chaos8569

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheena Hulston Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:55 am

Just as a side line Iceland mark all there food as having Veggie cheese in it to help migraine suffers and pizza hut only serve veggie cheese as well, Tesco give you a blank stare unless its cheese that's already on the label. Thumbs down to Tesco for migraine sufferers.
Sheena Hulston
Sheena Hulston

Back to top Go down

Post by onandoffagain Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:29 pm

there has also been some talk and campaigns by people with ASD and tesco lighting sue to the sensory over load.
I have major problems making decisions sometimes, I use to think it was just me! I can get so distressed trying to decide which pair of tights, or loaf of bread to buy I have to give up and leave!! There must be a 'choice making' part of the brain which goes into overload. I love my brain, it keeps me interested! think of all those boring people whose brains do what they should all day and don't throw up all these surprises! Still, id swap mine in an instant. xx

onandoffagain

Back to top Go down

Post by JACQUELINE TEW Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:19 am

Yep Tesco`s mereway northampton has set me off ,and the sensory overload thing definately ,i actually almost go into a trance like state sometimes if i`m in there to long ,so it sets aura`s off first like depersonalisation ,i need shades on in there too as light sensetivity bad and white noise sometimes aswell , so by the time i`m on the way home need pain relief ,have found a lot of department stores are horrendous though aswell ,shopping centres like milton keynes make me really bad and it`s definately lighting that`s the trigger everytime ,so again shades needed and you feel concious of eyes on you if you have shades on indoors especially during winter (speaking of which how did snow effect you all, that triggers me when wehad all that snow it looks lovely but if the sun shines on it iit`s like glitter and the bright white everywhere beautiful but ouchhhh!! .Wot a sorry lot we are lol xxxx
JACQUELINE TEW
JACQUELINE TEW

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:10 am

Hi all

I contacted Tesco's and they have come back to me today. They would like to have a list of the stores which are casuing problems and they will look into it and will come back to me.

So can you please let me know which store(s) have caused you or anyone you know a problem?

Thanks

Tee
Tee
Tee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:07 am

Thanks for doing this, Tee. Smile I have responded on the other thread.

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by chaos8569 Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:25 pm

have messaged you mine

chaos8569

Back to top Go down

Post by Alba-Neuk Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:47 am

hello, been a wee while since ive been here, I hope you are all doing ok and some mig free times too xxx Yes Tesco lights are definitely a trigger for me and in the past weeks my son has been complaining of headaches whenever he goes into Tesco Sad
Alba-Neuk
Alba-Neuk

Back to top Go down

Tesco Lights Empty triggers

Post by shellybobs Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:55 am

I know what you mean about various light I have been diagnosed with irlen sydrome which is a light senstive problem which can trigger my migraine I wear special tinted lenses via pair of glasses which help alot as I also find I struggle with different colours as wel las car headlights yuk x

shellybobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:21 am

Just to let you know I have had an email back from Tesco and they are still working on the issue......
Tee
Tee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by whatgoes? Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:21 pm

Okay now I understand why I go and buy two of everything or two different brands just to make sure I get the right one. But then I later learn that neither were the right one and now I have all this ???? to eat or use up. LOL at least I am trying. But I agree I think these migraines are hitting our "decision making" section of the brain. Just glad I am here with all of you. Very Happy

whatgoes?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:27 am

e-petition - Rescind the law on the Sale of Incandescent light bulbs
by Tee Today at 22:22

Rescind the law on the Sale of Incandescent light bulbs
Responsible department: Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs

I want government to rescind the law on the sale of incandescent light bulbs. Why can't we have both types of bulbs on sale, side by side, and allow the people to choose which bulb they want to use. It is well documented that other major countries have or are repealing this law as it has been proved that low energy bulbs are a health hazard espcially to people who suffer from migrain, epilepsy or any kind of eye condition as the condition will get worse. Disposal of low energy bulbs is not straight forward either as the mercury inside them is classed as toxic waste, low energy bulbs also have a much poorer performance record when compared to incandescent bulbs. In this time of recession when everyone is living on very tight budgets forcing the people to buy Very Highly Priced under-performing low energy bulbs is dictatorial and condemns a large percentage of the people to poorer health.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/20393
Tee
Tee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pīwakawaka Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:57 am

I can't say that fluorescent lighting in general triggers my migraines as they are so ubiquitous. We have energy saving lights in about half the rooms in our house. So if they are a trigger they are only a minor one.

However, warm fluorescent lighting with a red tone definitely are a trigger. These are typically placed over meat displays to enhance the appearance of the food. They can also be used in other zones where it makes the food look better. One of our local supermarkets has the same lighting over the salmon display, but not other fish.

Several of the local supermarkets have arranged the traffic so you must go past the meat section on the way to the rest of the store. I must turn my head away from the meat shelving and pass by as quickly as possible, otherwise I'll start to get blind spots and depersonalisation within a minute or so.

It took me years to realise my sensitivity was to the lighting rather than supermarkets in general. I was always reluctant to go to supermarkets until I discovered that it was only the red lighting that had the adverse effect.
pīwakawaka
pīwakawaka

http://anotherspectrum.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next