Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

‎The Migraine Girl makes the cover of the Athens Banner-Herald!

Go down

‎The Migraine Girl makes the cover of the Athens Banner-Herald!  Empty ‎The Migraine Girl makes the cover of the Athens Banner-Herald!

Post by Tee Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:59 am

Blog becomes a powerful outlet for migraine sufferers
By ALLISON FLOYD - allison.floyd@onlineathens.com

Published Sunday, June 12, 2011

When Janet Geddis started her blog, The Migraine Girl, she just wanted a place to vent some of the frustrations of the affliction - the pain, the planning to avoid certain foods, the experiments with alternative treatments and, most of all, the reality of living with a disease no one else can see.

Janet Geddis sits in her Athens home. She suffered her first migraine in 1993, but nearly a decade passed before she was properly diagnosed.

"My family and friends cared, of course. But I could tell that it hurt them to hear how it was for me," she says now, 18 years after her first attack.

"To my complete surprise, people started reading the blog and responding to it. It ended up being a very fulfilling writing project because people were responding," she said.

Today the blog is housed on Migraine.com, and Geddis - who started out anonymously sharing her experiences - is part of a national effort to show how common migraine is and sway lawmakers to make life easier for the millions of Americans who suffer.
Earlier this month, Geddis joined other migraine sufferers in Washington, D.C., for Headache on the Hill, a trip organized by the Alliance for Headache Disorders Advocacy.

http://onlineathens.com/stories/061211/new_843009329.shtml
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down