Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not really migraine - but a totally amazing story 'When doctors said I was brain dead, I wanted to scream, yet all I could do was blink'

2 posters

Go down

Not really migraine - but a totally amazing story 'When doctors said I was brain dead, I wanted to scream, yet all I could do was blink' Empty Not really migraine - but a totally amazing story 'When doctors said I was brain dead, I wanted to scream, yet all I could do was blink'

Post by Tee Thu May 19, 2011 3:23 am

One hell of a lady and she is from my old village Dore.

By KATE ALLATT
Last updated at 3:00 PM on 17th May 2011

A stroke trapped Kate in her body for months but she was saved by love and courage
When I opened my eyes, I was lying in intensive care. Tubes were everywhere — up my nose, in my arms and, worst of all, there was a monster tube in my mouth, which was linked to the machine that was breathing for me. I wanted to spit it out, but I couldn’t move.
I was ‘locked in’ — my mind intact, my body paralysed. The only thing I could move was my eyelids, which I could open and close at will. I couldn’t even move my eyeballs around.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1387810/Doctors-said-stroke-victim-brain-dead-saved-love-courage.html
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1387810/Doctors-said-stroke-victim-brain-dead-saved-love-courage.html#ixzz1MintqNv5
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Not really migraine - but a totally amazing story 'When doctors said I was brain dead, I wanted to scream, yet all I could do was blink' Empty Re: Not really migraine - but a totally amazing story 'When doctors said I was brain dead, I wanted to scream, yet all I could do was blink'

Post by whitzendJane Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:09 pm

OMG I am weeping buckets here...need to go an change the beds or something mundane as I am sobbing away.

That is so moving, what a woman. I reminded me a bit of High dependancy, being tube fed etc and losing conciousness when people were trying to talk to me.

It good because it makes me realise what a long way I have come since August..I will be here for SAm and Owen's birthday this year!

Jane
xxx
whitzendJane
whitzendJane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Not really migraine - but a totally amazing story 'When doctors said I was brain dead, I wanted to scream, yet all I could do was blink' Empty Re: Not really migraine - but a totally amazing story 'When doctors said I was brain dead, I wanted to scream, yet all I could do was blink'

Post by Tee Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:19 pm

(((HUGS)))) You have come a very long way miss. Sometimes you forget just how bad it was - and as the good doctor once said - "Better an ill mum than no mum at all!"
Tee
Tee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by whitzendJane Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:49 am

yes along with the good doctor who said 'If you weren't so stubborn I don't think you'd have made it through the weekend'

I took it as a compliment and resisted vomiting on him...
whitzendJane
whitzendJane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:15 am

LMAO - I think he may have been being nice
Tee
Tee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by whitzendJane Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:36 am

He was ..actually I thought he was going to cry when he came back on duty and saw me still there..I got the impression he'd been worrying about me all weekend..bless...he lifted me onto the CT scan himself one day ..a genuinely all round decent human being..sniffs, wipes away small tear...

LMAO sorry been a bit maudling all day...boys went back to school full time and I have felt a bit lost.

Jane
x

whitzendJane
whitzendJane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down