Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People's Pharmacy: Eating ice cream to cure headaches

4 posters

Go down

People's Pharmacy: Eating ice cream to cure headaches Empty People's Pharmacy: Eating ice cream to cure headaches

Post by Tee Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:18 am

Ok folks - has anyone tried this??? - must admit I have never heard of this one - but hey you have to give everything a go - right - Very Happy Ben and Jerry's here I come

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

By Joe Graedon and Teresa Graedon, Ph.D.

Q: Holy cow! I can't believe ice cream is a legitimate treatment for headaches.[/b]

I just had three migraines right in a row and didn't know how I was going to take care of my 3-month-old baby all day if the cycle kept going. I ate an ice-cream bar, and my migraine was gone almost instantly. I figured it was coincidental, but I'm glad to see from your website that I'm not nuts!

A: Ever since one reader reported migraine relief from eating chocolate peanut-butter ice cream, we have heard from many others that ice cream can help stop these horrible headaches. It is possible that the "brain freeze" from quickly eating something very cold may interrupt the migraine process.

So far as we know, this has not been studied scientifically. On the other hand, it is inexpensive and low-risk.
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

People's Pharmacy: Eating ice cream to cure headaches Empty Re: People's Pharmacy: Eating ice cream to cure headaches

Post by Sarah Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:27 pm

Oh how strange! I am weird in that I actually hate ice cream and anything cold. When my head is bad I hate it even more. But maybe it could actually help.

Sarah

Back to top Go down

People's Pharmacy: Eating ice cream to cure headaches Empty Re: People's Pharmacy: Eating ice cream to cure headaches

Post by Chris Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:25 pm

always after the storm has gone away when im able to know what im doing even though im still in pain out comes the raspberry ripple.my freezer is well stocked with it.

Chris

Back to top Go down

Post by whitzendJane Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:06 am

Oh BOY my favourite bit of research EVER!

Don't fancy it helping my waistline though Laughing
whitzendJane
whitzendJane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:20 am

Come on ice cream eaters - I'm looking forward to hearing your results. Or are you too busy scoffing? Very Happy

Slightly off topic, but it's funny how you have to throw out the rule book on food, isn't it? I find my stomach is so much better since I started finishing every meal with a fruit pastille. The problem I get is that my stomach is constantly slowing down due to the migraines, and high carbohydrates make it empty. It really does work, but probably isn't great for the toothies!

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by whitzendJane Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:59 am

apparently pineapple helps too.

Num, num, num, slurp...

SOrry just testing the Ice cream theory with 'Death BY Chocolate' from our local ice cream farm..jersey cows yum...

All in the interests of science ..of course..

Busy..gotta go...num. num, num....

Jane
x
whitzendJane
whitzendJane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:14 am

Sarah wrote:finishing every meal with a fruit pastille.

How on earth did you find that out ?? Very Happy
Tee
Tee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:14 am

Well, in theory, any sweets will do! I tried jelly babies but I eat too many of them and don't just stop at one!!! Very Happy

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:51 am

I am lovin this - sweets and ice cream and all the name of health Smile
Tee
Tee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down