Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Migraine Triggers Stronger in Summer

3 posters

Go down

Migraine Triggers Stronger in Summer Empty Migraine Triggers Stronger in Summer

Post by Tee Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:59 am

Posted by Caitlin Bronson on July 5, 2011 8:14 AM

Summer is a bad season for migraine sufferers, when sudden storms can bring in barometric pressure changes that trigger sinus headaches. While experts debate over whether summer is the worst time of the year for migraines, it is certainly clear that some factors of the season can make the time miserable for people prone to headaches.

Some of the common summer triggers of migraines include dehydration, low stress environments and environmental factors like summer allergens.

“If a lot of sodium is lost when sweating, it can dilute the bloodstream a bit and when sodium goes down to a certain point, it can be very headache-provoking,” Dr. Joel Saper of the Michigan Headache and Neurological Institute said of dehydration.

http://www.thirdage.com/news/migraine-triggers-stronger-in-summer_07-05-2011
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Migraine Triggers Stronger in Summer Empty Re: Migraine Triggers Stronger in Summer

Post by whitzendJane Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:18 am

Oh yeah..been knocked flat with a 'storm' migraine for 3 days no...and heaving for England all week.. No
whitzendJane
whitzendJane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Migraine Triggers Stronger in Summer Empty Re: Migraine Triggers Stronger in Summer

Post by Sheena Hulston Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:21 pm

Didnt seem to hit me until yesterday. Then was sick with the pain, but i do replace my salt with a small teaspoon in lemon water every morning anyway in the summer as I know this is a main trigger for me and drink loads of water even if im not thirsty.
Im a coffee freak as well so it all helps to keep my fluid levels up and im sure it all helps. It soon becomes a habit.
Sheena x
Ps so does the loo run as well !!! affraid
Sheena Hulston
Sheena Hulston

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down