Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is snoring giving you a headache?

2 posters

Go down

Is snoring giving you a headache? Empty Is snoring giving you a headache?

Post by Tee Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:30 am

I actual know of someone who now has no migraines after being diagnosed with sleep apena and given a mask to sleep with at night.

Tee

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

June 1st, 2011 - Posted by Dr Marcus

Sleep problems are common in people with migraines. A study published last year in the Journal of Headache and Pain reported that:

Migraine sufferers were three times more likely to experience daytime drowsiness compared with individuals without headaches.
Severe sleep disturbances were five times more likely among migraine sufferers.

Sleep apnea is a serious disorder with abnormal pauses in breathing during sleep. These pauses are called “apnea.” People with sleep apnea often snore loudly, have interrupted sleep, and feel tired after a full night’s sleep. Sleep apnea is most common in men over 65 years old and people who are overweight, smoke, and have high blood pressure. A community survey published earlier this year in the Journal of Headache and Pain failed to find a link between migraine and sleep apnea.

A new study in the journal Cephalalgia, however, has found an important link between snoring and migraine. Headache patterns were evaluated in 268 people with habitual snoring. Nearly one in every four snorers reported experiencing morning headaches at least one day a week. And those individuals with morning headache had a worse overall quality of life. Among individuals with morning headaches, one in five described their headaches as migraines. The significance of this finding was highlighted in another study published this year in the journal Neurology. That study found that sleep apnea treatment with continuous positive airway pressure—called CPAP—not only improved the sleep disturbance—it also improved migraines. In that study, 10 percent of sleep apnea patients had migraines. After the eleven patients with migraine and apnea in the study were treated with CPAP, their sleep quality improved. Furthermore, 10 patients became migraine free and the other patient had a decrease in headaches from daily to twice a month.

http://migraine.com/blog/expert-featured-article/is-snoring-giving-you-a-headache/
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Is snoring giving you a headache? Empty Re: Is snoring giving you a headache?

Post by whitzendJane Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:47 am

Interesting..I snore really badly and my migs are worse at night and I always wake with a banging head...plus am always tired...but I suspect I am not alone .
J
x
whitzendJane
whitzendJane
Admin

Back to top Go down