Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aspartame is, by far, the most dangerous substance on the market that is added to foods.

4 posters

Go down

Aspartame is, by far, the most dangerous substance on the market that is added to foods. Empty Aspartame is, by far, the most dangerous substance on the market that is added to foods.

Post by Tee Sun May 29, 2011 8:24 am

Aspartame is the technical name for the brand names NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful, and Equal-Measure. It was discovered by accident in 1965 when James Schlatter, a chemist of G.D. Searle Company, was testing an anti-ulcer drug.

Aspartame was approved for dry goods in 1981 and for carbonated beverages in 1983. It was originally approved for dry goods on July 26, 1974, but objections filed by neuroscience researcher Dr John W. Olney and Consumer attorney James Turner in August 1974 as well as investigations of G.D. Searle's research practices caused the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to put approval of aspartame on hold (December 5, 1974). In 1985, Monsanto purchased G.D. Searle and made Searle Pharmaceuticals and The NutraSweet Company separate subsidiaries.

Aspartame accounts for over 75 percent of the adverse reactions to food additives reported to the FDA. Many of these reactions are very serious including seizures and death. A few of the 90 different documented symptoms listed in the report as being caused by aspartame include: Headaches/migraines, dizziness, seizures, nausea, numbness, muscle spasms, weight gain, rashes, depression, fatigue, irritability, tachycardia, insomnia, vision problems, hearing loss, heart palpitations, breathing difficulties, anxiety attacks, slurred speech, loss of taste, tinnitus, vertigo, memory loss, and joint pain.

http://aspartame.mercola.com/
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Aspartame is, by far, the most dangerous substance on the market that is added to foods. Empty Re: Aspartame is, by far, the most dangerous substance on the market that is added to foods.

Post by whitzendJane Sun May 29, 2011 8:41 am

Hate the stuff..tastes awful too..my GP said she would rather I gave my kids sugar than that.

I always avoid it where ever possible as I don't hold with it at all.

Jane
x
whitzendJane
whitzendJane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Aspartame is, by far, the most dangerous substance on the market that is added to foods. Empty Re: Aspartame is, by far, the most dangerous substance on the market that is added to foods.

Post by Sarah Sun May 29, 2011 9:19 am

Me neither. Whilst I've not ever noticed any bad effects specifically from aspartame, I stick to sugar.

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Sun May 29, 2011 9:24 am

Me too Smile
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by JACQUELINE TEW Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:59 am

Same here won`t touch anything with it in no sugar free in this house although you even have to read the labels on the stuff that isn`t diet soft drink as they put aspartame in that along with the sugar which really annoys me ,i drink water its safer (i hope ) . A agree
JACQUELINE TEW
JACQUELINE TEW

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down