Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JUST when it was all going so well...

5 posters

Go down

JUST when it was all going so well... Empty JUST when it was all going so well...

Post by Maureen Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:02 am

Hi All,

my son managed to get back into school on a modified timetable after a seven month absence on account of his migraines (Acute Confusional Migraine) which has been a HUGE step forward. He was able to do this because of one-to-one support at school which he got for two weeks at the end of last academic year and we were led to believe the support would continue.

And then......just when it was all going so well...

...the council has cut funding and we've been told that there is only limited support available for my son. Letters from our son's consultant don't seem to make any difference. So he's back at home again. Just waiting now to hear on whether the council will release funds. And composing my letter of complaint to the head of education and our MSP in the meantime.

Hope you're having a better day than I am today! There must be joy out there somewhere!

Best wishes,

Maureen.
Maureen
Maureen

Back to top Go down

JUST when it was all going so well... Empty Re: JUST when it was all going so well...

Post by Tee Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:44 am

Oh hunny that is just not good news at all. I hope your MSP can make some waves for you x
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

JUST when it was all going so well... Empty Re: JUST when it was all going so well...

Post by Maureen Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:09 am

Thanks Tee,

it's been quite a journey. and I'm really tired...

Hope your migraines have been quieter over this past wee while,

best wishes

Maureen
Maureen
Maureen

Back to top Go down

Post by whitzendJane Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:33 am

Oh Maureen!

That is just awful I am so sorry to hear that. As if it isn't a battle enough trying to get what our children need and deserve, it makes me so b***dy angry.

Your poor son must be really thrown by all the changes. I hope someone sees sense soon and it's all resolved quickly.

Best wishes to you all and take care.
Jane
x
whitzendJane
whitzendJane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maureen Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:31 pm

Thanks Jane,

I'm hoping to hear back today whether there will be support or not. Either way it has completely thrown my son who has lost all trust in the school. If my son were palying truant then the council would be on me like a ton of bricks...and now when the boot is on the other foot they don't seem at all bothered.

Thanks for your message,

best wishes

Maureen
Maureen
Maureen

Back to top Go down

Post by whatgoes? Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:54 am

It is bad enough when we adults / parents suffer with chronic illnesses but to have our children afflicted is another thing. It really troubles me that such a determined young man as this who has suffered so much, is being pushed aside so regardlessly. We know that when committees want something for themselves they find a way to have it done, even when budgets are tight. This is very disturbing and I just wanted to add my sentiments, though you can't see the tears in my eyes right now. Hang in there and keep searching for the open door. You are a wonderful advocate and mother to a young man who obviously needs you. Jerri

whatgoes?

Back to top Go down

Post by Katie Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:38 pm

Might be worth contacting IPSEA for info and support.
http://www.ipsea.org.uk/
Katie
Katie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maureen Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:46 pm

Thanks Katie for your reply.

Unfortunately we live in Scotland which IPSEA doesn't cover.

Thanks though!
Best wishes,

Maureen
Maureen
Maureen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum