Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello 1st post

2 posters

Go down

Hello 1st post Empty Hello 1st post

Post by whitzendJane Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:28 am

Hi
My name's Jane I have been diagnosed with Chronic Refractory Migraines (R-CM) for the past 4 years now. I have tried most treaments so if you need to ask anything go ahead. Shocked Basically I have migraines to some degree all the time, everyday and have failed to respond to all appropriate treatments..as my lovely neurologist said .'you have failed on all levels quite spectacularly'

I am the mother of twin boys and despite having a tricky time I enjoy being a Mum and try to do as much as I can on a daily basis. I am happy to talk to anyone experiencing problems living with migraines no matter how extreme or not and over the years have ben on a steep learning curve.

It is my firm belief that knowledge is power and helps the sufferer manage their illness in the best way for them.

Kind regards Smile Smile Laughing
whitzendJane
whitzendJane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hello 1st post Empty Re: Hello 1st post

Post by Sarah Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:47 am

Hi and nice to meet you. Smile

I can just imagine a neurologist saying that!! I can definitely relate to daily pain, but I only really have myself to look after - must be very difficult sometimes with the twins.

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by whitzendJane Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:04 am

Lovely to meet you too! I was delighted to sign in today and see new posts and people. I am glad you found us and hope we can all support each other.

Yes neuros are great fun aren't they..Have you been watching Monroe? He makes me laugh and there are elements of his character I have seen in many neuros..it must be the training.

Jane
x
whitzendJane
whitzendJane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:48 am

Haven't caught Monroe yet! I remember the first Neuro I saw, when I was about 16, used to sit and write notes without even looking at me. I used to find myself pulling ridiculous faces, just to see if he would even look up!

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by whitzendJane Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:02 am

Lol yes sounds familiar..I have seen some great guys but remember flicking the 'v's' at one on the ward who turned his back on me to talk to his students like I wasn't there. I really annoyed him by constantly asking questions and saying 'I am still here you know'.

His students were terrified of him and were trying not to laugh as I gurned at his back.

Childish I know (especially when you are 40 something and a mother of two) however it did give me some persevere pleasure.
whitzendJane
whitzendJane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:36 am

Tee hee hee, love it!!! Laughing

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content