Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4th September

3 posters

Go down

4th September Empty 4th September

Post by Kala Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:20 am

It has been a while since I have been onboard with you all, so sorry for this.

I am finally home alone...my family have just left for a family get together in Oxfordshire, unfortunately I'm not well enough to go. For one thing I just couldn't cope with the journey being squashed in a car for over 2 hours, then having to put on the "all smiles, everything is absolutely fine" face, and then not having anywhere to have some time for myself, and of course then the journey home late tonight.

I HATE feeling like this, drained of all physical energy, just like someone has pulled out the plug! I am recovering from a HM attack I had last Saturday and a BAM attack (this only being the second one I've ever had, so I hope this isn't the start of things to come) I had last Sunday. I've obviously had to take the week off work but I need to go back on Monday, as I don't get paid any sick pay.

Previous to these two attacks life hadn't been too bad thanks to taking part in the Botox trial. I think (well I hope and pray) I know what triggered these attacks was a course of acupuncture. I've had a burning sensation across my shoulder blades for a few weeks, so my GP advised me to have physiotherapy. The guy I saw was rather dubious about trying very much due to my history of primary headaches and due to my occipital nerve stimulator implant. Well he used acupuncture down my spine from C6 to T10 I think, which I found to be really helpful for my initial problem. When he first examined me he said my neck was incredibly tight, which I explained was probably due to the wires from my ONSI being stuck in my neck reducing free movement. Anyway, when I went back a week later for another session we decided to added some needles higher up my neck to try and help alleviate my neck tightness. I had that on the Thursday, Friday I felt shattered (a similar reaction to my first session of acupuncture) but then on Saturday my HM attack struck, and then the next day my BAM attack. I feel this is all too coincidental for it not to be connected.

I'm so hoping that I start to feel better very soon. Thankfully I'm seeing Dr S on 21st so not too long to wait!

I hope everyone is having a better time of it than me.

Michala
x

Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

4th September Empty Re: 4th September

Post by whitzendJane Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:35 am

Poo..how awful for you.

I have had mixed results with acupuncture..the last 3 session I found made me worse too..and I came out in loads of bruises where the needles went in..a new thing for me.

I hope you pick up soon.

Jane
x
whitzendJane
whitzendJane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kala Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:38 am

Thanks Jane.

How are you today?

Michala
x
Kala
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by whitzendJane Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:17 am

Bit fed up. Did manage the surfs film at cinema ..first thing we've taken them to see..they loved it but Owen left his favorite 'bracelet' there and I have just had to console a sobbing child .

So a bit good but I am shattered now.
whitzendJane
whitzendJane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:37 am

Hi Kala

Nice to see you Smile

Sorry you have had 2 big ones straight after each other - but knowing the trigger is a blessing.

I am pleased to read overall that things have settled a bit for you - you so damn deserve it - I saw Dr S yesterday and he seemed more upbeat about the trail and fingers crossed he gets the go ahead in the new year.

Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down