Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hi there....chronic migraine sufferer.....

4 posters

Go down

hi there....chronic migraine sufferer..... Empty hi there....chronic migraine sufferer.....

Post by dave-n-glasgow Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:22 am

Hello everyone....my names Dave....I have suffered with migraines for 39yrs now....I'm 43.I had tb/meningitis and post grand mal convulsions at 18 months old n so it's been a long struggle for me ever since.I have tried all sorts of meds to combat this terrible disease bit nothing has worked yet...I'm currently taking Gabapentin...I've only just started them so it's early days....I suffer with bad pains behind my eyes,mainly my right eye when I get migraines...I am taking anti depressants aswell...

dave-n-glasgow

Back to top Go down

hi there....chronic migraine sufferer..... Empty Re: hi there....chronic migraine sufferer.....

Post by Sarah Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:22 am

Hi Dave, and welcome. That's a very long time to have suffered from migraines for. Sad I can definitely sympathise with the right eye pain, as that's where my migraines are centred too.

Best of luck with the Gabapentin.

Sarah

Back to top Go down

hi there....chronic migraine sufferer..... Empty Re: hi there....chronic migraine sufferer.....

Post by dave-n-glasgow Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:37 am

Thnx very much Sarah.....

dave-n-glasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by pīwakawaka Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:05 pm

Hi Dave. While I have had migraines for over 50 years, by the time you get to my age, you'll have had them for 60 years.

While I used to have severe pain and nausea, when I was younger, I'm fortunate that nausea almost never happens now, and severe pain (8 and over on a scale of 10) occurs less than once a month. I find that it's the other symptoms such as confusion, speech difficulties, staggering etc, are the most disabling. The worst problem with these symptoms is that you appear to be drunk or high on drugs (neither of which are true), and people can be less than sympathetic when they see you in that condition. In fact they can be down right cruel.
pīwakawaka
pīwakawaka

http://anotherspectrum.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kriskin Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:33 am

dave-n-glasgow wrote:Hello everyone....my names Dave....I have suffered with migraines for 39yrs now....I'm 43.I had tb/meningitis and post grand mal convulsions at 18 months old n so it's been a long struggle for me ever since.I have tried all sorts of meds to combat this terrible disease bit nothing has worked yet...I'm currently taking Gabapentin...I've only just started them so it's early days....I suffer with bad pains behind my eyes,mainly my right eye when I get migraines...I am taking anti depressants aswell...
o h

hi i to used to have migrains i take imigran50 and amitriptyline 10mg works wonders

kriskin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down