Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

memory problem and migraine

+2
Tee
Whatsername
6 posters

Go down

memory problem and migraine Empty memory problem and migraine

Post by Whatsername Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:02 am

I have chronic migraine and lately I have been having really bad memory problems. I can't remember people's names and I have notice in my work I am sometimes typing the wrong word or getting peoples names wrong. I am only 32 so don't think it is an age thing. Has anyone experienced similar? I also notice I am pretty tired, have been off Gabapentin about a month now. I would have thought it has gone out of my system.

Whatsername

Back to top Go down

memory problem and migraine Empty Re: memory problem and migraine

Post by Tee Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:00 am

Sad Sounds like you are having Dysphasic and Anomic aphasia aura

Speech and/or language symptoms:

- Stuttering
- Involuntary vocalisations
- Paralysis of speech muscles
- Global aphasia - Language disorder involving severe impairments in both comprehension and production.

- Anomic aphasia - 'loss of a word' often the sufferer knowns the word and may even be able to see it - but can not actually say it.

- Reading disturbances
- Writing disturbances

Take it easy - may mean a mig is on the way.....
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Pav Khaira Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:18 am

Perfect advice from Tee!
Dr Pav Khaira
Dr Pav Khaira

http://www.redskydentalspa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Whatsername Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:20 am

I get one every day so I know one is always on the way.

Is it realistic to expect memory problems every day?

Tee wrote:Sad Sounds like you are having Dysphasic and Anomic aphasia aura

Speech and/or language symptoms:

- Stuttering
- Involuntary vocalisations
- Paralysis of speech muscles
- Global aphasia - Language disorder involving severe impairments in both comprehension and production.

- Anomic aphasia - 'loss of a word' often the sufferer knowns the word and may even be able to see it - but can not actually say it.

- Reading disturbances
- Writing disturbances

Take it easy - may mean a mig is on the way.....

Whatsername

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:56 am

I have that problem - it began about age 38. However my migraines and menopause started at the same time - so in my case I'm not sure if it is a result of the migs or menopause or both. When writing or typing I misspell words or drop letters from words or drop words from sentences. I also confuse words that sound the same but are spelled differently, like wear and where or hear and here. I also have a hard time finding the word I'm looking for when I speak. All of this is most days.
Laura
Laura

https://www.facebook.com/laura.elizabeth.phillips?sk=info

Back to top Go down

memory problem and migraine Empty You are not alone

Post by pīwakawaka Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:08 am

I frequently have trouble finding a word during an attack. I'm in my 60's but I've had language difficulties during a migraine for as long as I can remember. I find it much easier to type than to speak during an attack as I have the time to find the correct word and even go back and rewite entire paragraphs as they often end up gibberish or meaning something entirely different to what I intended. Speaking at such times often lands me in trouble Smile

Sometimes I loose large blocks of time during an attack. The biggest problem with that is that I am entirely unaware that it has occurred. I've also noticed that sometimes I seem to create false memories of things that have happened. Take the birth of my first grandchild for instance.

We visited our daughter a few days after the birth while I had a real doozy of an attack. The few fleeting "memories" I have of the occasion are mostly made up from subsequent conversations with family members and looking at photographs. I cannot tell bits are those I really remember and those I have created from other sources. I now know that some of the thing I "remember" never actually happened. I've created them from incomplete snippets of information, although they still seem real to me. It's amazing what the mind can do.

So you're not alone in having memory problems associated with migraines. Take care
pīwakawaka
pīwakawaka

http://anotherspectrum.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by usedtobejolly Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:58 pm

I have memory problems, language/speech problems, cannot take in information, and very bad co-ordination problems.

It's interesting what you say, piwakawaka, about memories - in the same way I lose access to knowledge and experience and just cannot remember how do do things i know how to do, and particularly things related to location, cannot find things, no idea where to look or no idea where to put things away. Is hell.

usedtobejolly
usedtobejolly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down