Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gabapentin

2 posters

Go down

gabapentin Empty gabapentin

Post by Stephen Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:19 am

Hi At the beginning of December I started a course of gabapentin (used for epilepsy amongst other disorders)) I now take 300mgms three times a day and have experienced a marked improvement in my very regular headaches. I have also gone part-time in my sometimes stressful job but did not have this improvement when I had Nov off work.

i have tried most preventative drugs without this improvement so i am keeping my fingers crossed. I am very aware that what works for one person may not work for another though.

This drug was suggested by a neurologist whom i went to see initially about botox which, of course is not funded yet. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!

Stephen

Back to top Go down

gabapentin Empty Re: gabapentin

Post by whitzendJane Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:10 am

Wonderful news..I have heard of many people who have had great success with gabapentin and am really pleased you are one of them.

I hope you go from strength to strength on it.
x
whitzendJane
whitzendJane
Admin

Back to top Go down

gabapentin Empty gabapentin

Post by Stephen Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:02 pm

Tee thanks for contacting me. I continue to feel better on the drug Gabapentin although cannot rule out the benefit of going part time in my busy job.

The headaches I get at the moment are not as bad as before and I am not taking the Triptans very often.

I did have a follow up with the consultant neurologist and he said that he would not consider botox for me as I was better on drug treatment. It would be nice not to have to take so many tablets though.

I enjoy being active and look forward to cycling a lot more now i am part retired although house, garden and family are taking up more time now than ever!!! Lucky me!!

best wishes Steve

Stephen

Back to top Go down

gabapentin Empty Re: gabapentin

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum