Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My story with migraines

2 posters

Go down

My story with migraines  Empty My story with migraines

Post by Pav Khaira Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:21 pm

My story with migraines started around 9 years ago now, around the time I qualified from university. I used to suffer with terrible migraines at least once a week which would cause me splitting head pains and much distress. I was unable to find a doctor who could help, until I stumbled upon migraine management techniques whilst studying in the US.

Since discovering this, I've only had 3 migraines in two and a half years after learning to manage my own and the rest is now pretty much history. I'm lucky in that I primarily work as a dentist, but I have also learnt these techniques through my own migraine care treatments which I have developed with two mentors in the US who have encouraged me to push my knowledge in the field of pain management.

Generally, doctors and neurologists don't understand what these techniques are and I believe that there needs to be better awareness amongst the public and professionals about the causes of migraines. I feel passionately about this topic and I'm working with other professionals to look at the various treatment options available and which give the best results, to help those who suffer with migraines to live the life they want to lead without migraines holding them back.

I would love to hear from other members about what techniques they have tried to manage their own migraines and whether they have had any success.
Pav Khaira
Pav Khaira

Back to top Go down

My story with migraines  Empty Re: My story with migraines

Post by Tee Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:27 am

Hi there and welcome.

I would be interested to know which techniques you are referring to?

There are a few under the treatments thread which others have tried.

tee
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Pav Khaira Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:53 pm

Hi Tee,

Thanks for getting back to me. The treatments I am referring to are to do with reducing the intensity of muscle control and also reducing the amount of neural feedback from the mind so that the body can better cope and by doing so, help to reduce the intensity and frequency of the migraines as a result.

I will check that treatment thread and see what others have said - many thanks.
Pav Khaira
Pav Khaira

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:50 am

Interesting - funny enough I find meditation of great help.... ie the process of stopping thinking and total relaxation Smile
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down