Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi to you all

4 posters

Go down

Hi to you all Empty Hi to you all

Post by chaos8569 Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:05 am

My name is Julie and I'm a 42 yr old single parent with 4 children.I've suffered (that is definitely the word) with migraines for over 20 years and tried many medications some worked some haven't.

I'm currently using maxalt (rizatriptan) after years of using sumatriptan only to find it stopped working , I've been only daily medication at several points in time over the last 20 years but found some of the side effects less acceptable than coping with the migraines.

I have classic migraines which always start with an aura ( think anomaly in Primeval and that is exactly what I see) and unless I take medication immediately sickness soon follows, numbness in my face and fingers,I sound funny in my head (tried explaining that one to someone who doesn't suffer is quite difficult) and then the pain through my head (usually left side) is unbearable.

My main triggers seem to be artificial light, bright sunlight, change in weather, hormones and stress( not likely to lose that one anytime soon with 4 children lol)

I have a fairly challenging job working in a unit for autistic children but am lucky in the fact that my boss also suffers with migraines so is very sympathetic.

anyway was inspired to join here after having 2 migraines in 2 days (one started in ASDA and the other in Tesco pity I need to feed the kids) and although friends are sympathetic unless you have em its hard to understand quite how debilitating and demoralising migraines are.

chaos8569

Back to top Go down

Hi to you all Empty Re: Hi to you all

Post by Tee Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:19 am

Hi Julie and welcome Smile

I am sorry its been a long battle for you. You are amongst friends who will totally understand Smile Meds not working after a while is quite common and a total pain.

Funny enough Tesco's is a big trigger for me (and others on here) - I think primarily its their lights - there is a thread on here re some new research into tinted glasses to cut out the light and glare -

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk/t226-new-research-_-tinted-lenses-may-reduce-activity-in-the-brain-associated-with-migraine

There is a few of us who have tests booked for the next couple of weeks - just wondered if that could be something that might help you to?

How many migs are you getting in one month?

Juggling 4 kids, a job and migs is hard work - you are doing a fab job Smile But if you need to vent please do so - we will not mind at all Smile

Glad you found us

Tee
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by chaos8569 Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:24 am

I can go several months and have none but then have 3 in a week.... they are very erratic. I probably average 2 or 3 a month which is quite minor in comparison to many.

Those glasses sound interesting... I do look a bit daft going round doing my shopping in my sunglasses lol

chaos8569

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:35 am

Ok - I just wondered if a preventative would work for you - but your quite right you need a triptans. There is a list of them under the medication section, not sure how many of them you have already tried? Also I am not sure if they start working for you again, after you have given them up for a while - anyone else had experience of that?

LMAO - You are so not alone with the sunglasses - I wear mine all the time and just do not care now - I went out to dinner today with them on and its chucking down with rain - people look - but I just do not care any more - if fact we are running a bet on who gets what colour in the tints Smile Glasses
Tee
Tee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:39 am

Hey I just realised you posted our 1000 post Birthday

The forum is 2 months old tomorrow - so that's a nice present:)
Tee
Tee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by whitzendJane Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:47 am

Welcome, welcome, welcome..glad you found us..yes a job and 4 kids, on your own..stress...doesn't really cover it does it?

I don't know how you manage..you are amazing. Like Tee said feel free to vent your spleen or any other organ necessary if it helps.

You are amongst people who truly understand.

HUGS

Jane
x
whitzendJane
whitzendJane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chaos8569 Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:24 am

blimey after reading some of the stories on here I'm feeling like a bit of a fraud lol

chaos8569

Back to top Go down

Post by whitzendJane Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:42 am

Don't... migraines are not an easy ride for anyone.

Jane
x
whitzendJane
whitzendJane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:09 am

Oh do not say that hun - a migraine is a migraine and its damn hard for anyone. If you get one a month or 30 - you still need a hug
Tee
Tee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheena Hulston Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:36 pm

Hi Julie I agree with Tee
I did send you a post the other night but I was in Morone mode and I have no Idea where its gone!!!!
I probably wrote it and never sent it!!!
Welcome to the site anyway I know how hard it is coping with the kids just having them talking sometimes does it for me... love them.....!! Never mind the job as well.
Look forward to chatting x
Sheena

Sheena Hulston
Sheena Hulston

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:07 pm

Hi julie just wondering how you are?
Tee
Tee
Admin