Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First In Class Pain Killer, Palexia® SR Launched In The UK For The Treatment Of Severe Chronic Pain

2 posters

Go down

chronic - First In Class Pain Killer, Palexia® SR Launched In The UK For The Treatment Of Severe Chronic Pain Empty First In Class Pain Killer, Palexia® SR Launched In The UK For The Treatment Of Severe Chronic Pain

Post by Tee Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:02 am

Today sees the launch of Palexia® SR (tapentadol prolonged release) for the oral treatment of adults with severe chronic pain, which can only be adequately managed with opioid analgesics.1 Palexia® SR is the first in a new class of centrally acting analgesics called MOR-NRI, which has two mechanisms of action in one molecule; both μ-opioid receptor (MOR) agonism and noradrenaline reuptake inhibition (NRI).1

In pivotal Phase III trials, Palexia® SR demonstrated comparable analgesic efficacy to oxycodone CR and, importantly, superior gastrointestinal tolerability (constipation, nausea and vomiting) (p<0.001) and significantly fewer discontinuations (43.5%) compared with oxycodone CR (61.7%). Patients were able to stay on Palexia® SR for a median of 118 days compared to 39 days with oxycodone SR,2 and superior quality of life outcomes were reported by patients administered Palexia® SR, when compared with those in the oxycodone CR arm.2

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/225281.php
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

chronic - First In Class Pain Killer, Palexia® SR Launched In The UK For The Treatment Of Severe Chronic Pain Empty Re: First In Class Pain Killer, Palexia® SR Launched In The UK For The Treatment Of Severe Chronic Pain

Post by whitzendJane Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:52 am

That's really interesting..I take a NRI already and it does help reduced the pain, so factoring the added analgesic quality they are talking about here I could see that being very helpful..OK where do I sign? Is it free? I'll have two.

I will try and ask about this at the chronic pain clinic...but will I remember by the time my appointment comes round in August..I think not LMAO.
whitzendJane
whitzendJane
Admin

Back to top Go down