Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sleep as a trigger and sleep once you have a migraine

2 posters

Go down

migraine - sleep as a trigger and sleep once you have a migraine Empty sleep as a trigger and sleep once you have a migraine

Post by Laura Fri May 16, 2014 12:47 pm

Changes in my sleep routine are a trigger for me.  So when I get a bad migraine that sends me home I try not to sleep too much during the day - for fear it will make my migraine worse.  If sleep changes are a trigger for you - do you sleep as much as you want during the migraine or do you try to still keep your usual sleep routine?  

I am having a migraine that has lasted for 2 days now.  I've allowed myself a 2 hour nap during the day but no more - so that I can go to bed at my usual time at night.  I'm thinking if I still have it tomorrow maybe I should try just sleeping as much as my body tells me to.  Or will that just make it worse and last longer?
Laura
Laura

https://www.facebook.com/laura.elizabeth.phillips?sk=info

Back to top Go down

migraine - sleep as a trigger and sleep once you have a migraine Empty Re: sleep as a trigger and sleep once you have a migraine

Post by Laura Mon May 19, 2014 7:51 am

5th day of a migraine now. Doc had me take ondansetron (zofran), Sumatriptan injection, and cambia (diclofenac potassium). Here's hoping it puts an end to this. Don't know if I should try to nap or stay awake.
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

migraine - sleep as a trigger and sleep once you have a migraine Empty Re: sleep as a trigger and sleep once you have a migraine

Post by Sarah Thu May 22, 2014 11:03 pm

What a nightmare for you. Really hope that it has eased now!

With me and sleep, it's all very strange. Basically, if I don't take something for my migraine and go to sleep, it almost always makes it a lot worse. But if I take something (a triptan) for my migraine, I have to sleep after taking it or it doesn't work.

So, sleep + triptan helps, but sleep on it's own makes it worse. I can't understand that at all!

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Thu May 22, 2014 11:10 pm

Go figure! It's all such a mystery sometimes. It seems I need just the right amount of sleep in general. Not too much and not too little.
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Thu May 22, 2014 11:43 pm

It's no wonder that no-one understands this stuff, as I certainly don't understand myself!

How are you feeling now, dare I ask?

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Fri May 23, 2014 4:47 am

I am better.  Fianlly started to feel human again on Tuesday.   Yesterday was still a little rough, but today is better - though I feel sort of hung over.  Thank you for asking.  

When I get really bad attacks I want to sleep all day - but then my sleep routine gets off and sometimes it seems like it makes it worse.  Sometimes it feels like "damned if you do, and damned if you don't."

I just hope this does not mean that the Botox injections have quit helping.  I guess time will tell.
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down