Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can anyone else trigger a migraine just by touching the part of their face where the migraine is usually centred?

2 posters

Go down

Can anyone else trigger a migraine just by touching the part of their face where the migraine is usually centred? Empty Can anyone else trigger a migraine just by touching the part of their face where the migraine is usually centred?

Post by Sarah Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:27 pm

I am just about reaching despair this week! I have dry eye syndrome as well, which has been vile. I have to heat up my eyes (sounds worse than it is!) and massage the eyelids to expel the oil blockages. Anyway, my migraines always begin just to the right of my eye. Last night I managed to trigger a migraine just by doing this - I obviously 'got' the sensitive nerve. I've also had it happen when I pluck my eyebrows before. With my eyebrows, I try to do them as little as possible, but can't go round looking like a werewolf! Shocked

Last edited by Sarah on Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Can anyone else trigger a migraine just by touching the part of their face where the migraine is usually centred? Empty Re: Can anyone else trigger a migraine just by touching the part of their face where the migraine is usually centred?

Post by whitzendJane Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:52 am

Yes that sounds familiar..I have Horners ( it would be more interesting if it was Homer's)Syndrome and my eye is always painful. Sometimes if I rub it or like you say pluck an eye brow my nose will suddenly start streaming and everything kicks off.

Jane
whitzendJane
whitzendJane
Admin

Back to top Go down