Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What equipment from the OT has helped you?

3 posters

Go down

What equipment from the OT has helped you?  Empty What equipment from the OT has helped you?

Post by brainbox Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:37 am

Hi all, I

m asking for your ideas as I am mostly bedbound and fully housebound but an OT from the local rehab team is currently working with me, now I know trust staff are recultant to be seen to be offered aids and adaptions to help with the ongoing onesided and now oftern 2 sided paralysis of hemiplegic migraine? any thoughts of ideas welcome

thanks in advance
brainbox
brainbox

Back to top Go down

What equipment from the OT has helped you?  Empty Re: What equipment from the OT has helped you?

Post by pīwakawaka Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:54 pm

Hello Brainbox. I've read your post several times and I'm not sure what it is you are asking me (us) to contibute our thougfhts on. Not sure if its' you not expresiing your self clesrly or me not bein gable to make sense of plian English. I fdeel a migraine might be coming on so ti's most likely me t hat's the problem.
pīwakawaka
pīwakawaka

http://anotherspectrum.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

What equipment from the OT has helped you?  Empty Re: What equipment from the OT has helped you?

Post by Sarah Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:58 pm

No experience of this, to be honest (my migraines aren't hemiplegic).

I'm sorry to hear things are so bad. xxx

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by brainbox Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:53 am

sorry that doesn't make a lot of sense above, apologies. I have sporadic hemiplegic migraine which has caused long periods where I have had no use of one side of my body and sometimes it affects both sides of my body and renders me bedbound, when I wrote that I was in predrome and hadn't realised it and am currently in a nursing home while they sort things out for me better.

the question above has actually been answered in real life as the occupational therapist has given me a leg lifter, kitchen trolley for moving food around and next week will be delivering a hoist and a hospital bed to my home, I have a commode in my bedroom as cant always make it to bathroom is there anything else anyone can suggest that has been helpful to them when they are affected with hemiplegic migraine
brainbox
brainbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum