Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hemiplegia migraine

3 posters

Go down

Hemiplegia  migraine   Empty Hemiplegia migraine

Post by immyapple Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:30 pm

Hi everyone
I am very new to your site and still finding my way around. The question i would like to find the answer to is that after i have an attack and i lose my feeling down my left side mainly in my leg my feeling comes back pretty quick its all the other stuff that takes days if not a few weeks to come mainly my speech i am
stuttering, my sentences are the wrong way around ex -stream fatigue tiredness and all the other things that have been mentioned that comes with this condition.

when i have had an attack and very tired i do not drive, I believe my attacks are driven by high level hormone as i suffer from PCOS my monthly cycle is around 50 days normal cycle is 38 days. or if i am under a great a deal of stress that can trigger an attack.
The question i would like an answer to is do i have to surrender my driving licence as i have looked on the DVLA site and it says nothing about HM.
I suffer with sever osteoarthritis in my leg and back as a result of a accident i had many years ago. With out my car I am pretty much house bound I have 2 children to get to school and look after.
i also suffer migraine with aura as will and the Topiramate does not seem to be helping at all .

immyapple

Back to top Go down

Hemiplegia  migraine   Empty Re: Hemiplegia migraine

Post by pīwakawaka Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:38 pm

I don't know what the law requires in the UK, but as long as you are sensible about when you drive, I shouldn't think there is likely to be a problem.

Unless your symptoms come on extremely suddenly such that you are likely to be a danger to yourself or others, or you regularly drive when you know you shouldn't, then I don't think you have anything to worry about.
pīwakawaka
pīwakawaka

http://anotherspectrum.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by immyapple Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:30 pm

Thank you for your reply, I thought i read somewhere this person had to hand in licence on this forum and it got me worried.
when i am feeling ill I don't drive I would not put myself or my family or anyone else in danger. I was worried that i may be braking the law.

immyapple

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:48 pm

I think it's down to individual symptoms/severity, rather than a blanket ruling, as such.

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down