Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Migraine and hormones

2 posters

Go down

Migraine and hormones Empty Migraine and hormones

Post by Whatsername Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:34 pm

At the moment I am having a really hard time coping with migraine, I tried painkiller detox and it had some benefits but since I got back to work I slipped back into that "I need to get through the day" thing and am back where I started.

Does anyone have any experience of discovering hormone issues at the root of their migraines? I have been referred to a gynaecologist because my my periods seem to have changed over the last few years and my migraines are horrible right before my period starts. I was on cerazette the progesterone only pill which seemed to make the headaches milder but the side effect was bleeding constantly so I couldnt carry on taking it. I feel tired most days, have areas on my hand with dry skin, nails seem slightly brittle,difficulty concentrating, feel a bit slowed down and lately I gained some weight back about half stone but I think that is more down to my bad diet than anything else. I am 32 so not at menopause age yet.

Whatsername

Back to top Go down

Migraine and hormones Empty Re: Migraine and hormones

Post by Sarah Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:30 am

Just a very quick reply from me but will hopefully write more tomorrow. Have you had your thyroid checked at all?

Sarah

Back to top Go down