Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does sex bring on my migraine?

2 posters

Go down

migraine - Does sex bring on my migraine? Empty Does sex bring on my migraine?

Post by Tee Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:09 pm

by Miriam Stoppard, Daily Mirror 15/08/2011

I’ve noticed the last couple of times my husband and I have had sex, I get an awful pain at the back of my head and I’m wondering what is causing it. I suffer ­from migraine and wonder if sex could ­bring one on.

Dr Miriam says: What you’re experiencing is the classic post-coital headache. It’s more common in men than women and about one in a 100 people notice it. It usually strikes you just before or during orgasm because this is the point at which the blood pressure in your brain is at its highest and that’s thought to be the cause.

Most people feel a cramping dull ache at the back of the head. Post-coital headache is more commonly felt with a casual partner, possibly due to the added excitement.

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/advice/miriam/2011/08/15/does-sex-bring-on-my-migraine-115875-23345114/#ixzz1VBXtUF7f
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

migraine - Does sex bring on my migraine? Empty Re: Does sex bring on my migraine?

Post by whitzendJane Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:58 am

Jane rubs chin..ah sex..yes I do vaguely remember that..hmmmm.
Tumbleweed

Trouble is I have a headache beforehand so it really rules out testing this theory.

Even if Johnny Depp was tapping on my window I wouldn't be interested these days..mind you he was becoming a pest and I had to give him a very hard stare last time he came round. Seemed to discourage him somewhat..now I just have to fend off Viggo Mortensen and his brooding Norwegian ruggedness.

Sigh...

whitzendJane
whitzendJane
Admin

Back to top Go down