Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3rd August

4 posters

Go down

3rd August Empty 3rd August

Post by Tee Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:17 am

Well just got back from the London clinic and all is set for Botox round 2 in September and this time I can be sedated if I need it Smile Going to make that decision on the day Smile

He was happy with my chart and so am I lol But over all he is seeing around 30% improvement from the full test group - so I hope that's going to be enough to get the funding secured - time will tell - and this figure way improve given the full time.

I may have a problem with round 3 (funding may not be in place by December) - but I am going to see if my health insurance will pay up to go private, if not, we will have to try and sort something out.

What is nice, is that I managed to do London and back and not go to bed for the day - I fell asleep on the beach instead Smile

Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

3rd August Empty Re: 3rd August

Post by whitzendJane Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:33 am

Cool..you've come a long way since last years 'bedfest'...I don't think you realise how much more you are achieving these days.
You could never have set this forum up a year and a half ago.

Am really pleased for you Tee.
xx
whitzendJane
whitzendJane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:35 am

Sounds very positive. Smile Good to have an option on the sedation too. V glad to hear it didn't take too much out of you this time.

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:39 am

Thanks Jane - and you are quite right - as always - I did had a bit of reflection the other day, and I have come such a long way - from those days then i could not use a knife, yet alone hold a conversation LOL

Thank you for being there for me over the years and just listening Smile
Tee
Tee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:41 am

Thanks Sarah - I am sooo happy about the sedation - I get so anxious when I just start to think of the process lol

And hitting the beach this afternoon - made me SMILE Very Happy I love 'bubble bee' days Very Happy
Tee
Tee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by whitzendJane Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:11 am

..yes you've come so far..I do think you are winning this battle in increments.

I am not right very often..more like that annoying hum in your ear..I have a mental image of you chipping away at a huge block and gradually wearing it down.

And the listening thing has gone both ways on many occasions..I just need to remember that there are 2 'G's' in bugger off...It just always sounds so much nicer when you say it though. Laughing
xxx
whitzendJane
whitzendJane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:42 am

You OK, Jane? You've been quiet for the last few days.

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by whitzendJane Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:28 am

Nah to be honest I am having a few problems..funnily enough non migraine related...think my pancreas is beginning to play me up again..I'll give it a few days then if no better I will get my bloods done.

Can't breath without it hurting today...am just hoping I have pulled something, though I can't imagine what.

Thanks for asking.
J
x
whitzendJane
whitzendJane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:31 am

If it's not one thing, it's another, eh? Sad Hope you feel better soon x

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheena Hulston Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:50 pm

Well done Tee on not wanting to heave this time!!! I remember the days when all I wanted to do was die on the way up to the clinic! now its just a bit of sickness by the time I hit the tube!!
Hope the funding comes through by the third round if not is it really expensive?
Went for my hughes blood tests again today and have to wait to get them done again as got to be refered through GP for some reason first but will get results through before I go back to clinic in October.
Think most of us have all come a long way since the start and have all got a little better hopefully in one way or another x
Sheena Hulston
Sheena Hulston

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:48 am

Thanks hun - He said the Botox was £350 plus the doctors time. A one off will be ok, but not something we could do 3 / 4 times a year.

I hope the Hughes test comes back ok - in one way I kind of hope it comes back positive, as it a bit of the puzzle solved.

And like you, I think a lot of us have come a long way in the past few months alone - just goes to show the power of talking to others Smile
Tee
Tee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down