Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questionable chemicals we put on our bodies, via cleaning products, cosmetics, and personal care products

4 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Questionable chemicals we put on our bodies, via cleaning products, cosmetics, and personal care products - Page 3 Empty Re: Questionable chemicals we put on our bodies, via cleaning products, cosmetics, and personal care products

Post by Tee Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:16 am

OH sounds interesting......... small steps Smile

I am thinking about trying Butterbur or Feverfew once this trail is over Smile
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Questionable chemicals we put on our bodies, via cleaning products, cosmetics, and personal care products - Page 3 Empty Re: Questionable chemicals we put on our bodies, via cleaning products, cosmetics, and personal care products

Post by Tee Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:07 am

I just come across this article.

5 Reasons Why We Are Getting Sicker & How To Reverse It
ELINA APRIL 10, 2012 2

“By 2020, about 157 million Americans will be afflicted by chronic illnesses, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. That number is projected to increase by more than one percent per year by 2030, resulting in an estimated chronically ill population of 171 million.” – Chronic Care in America

In its natural state, the body is perfectly capable of maintaining itself. When healthy and unaltered by any detrimental chemicals, foreign hormones, heavy metals and poisons, our immune system is designed to provide us sufficient protection and healing power to prevent and overcome any diseases.

But how come are we getting sicker? Why do nearly half of Americans suffer from at least one chronic disease? Why are illnesess such as cancer, bone diseases, heart diseases, neurological damage, asthma and diabetes affecting us more than ever before? These are good questions! But an even better question will lead you to the simplest, most obvious answer: What are our bodies mostly exposed to in our everyday lives?

Bingo!

Food
Water/Liquids
Air
Personal care products
Pharmaceutical drugs

It only makes sense that what we allow into our bodies will define whether or not it will operate at its peak capacity. So what is it about what we eat, drink, breathe, apply on our skin and take as medicine that has damaged our health?

The most commonly known forms of pollution are the air we breathe, water and soil pollution, all of which greatly affect human health and the eco-system. Pollution could be eliminated and the destruction of our planet could be reversed by committing to changing our ways and implementing free/clean energy technologies that are already available but have been suppressed for the threat they represent to the 200 trillion dollar oil industry.

Environmental pollution, however, is only a small part of the toxicity story. Did you know that harmful chemicals are deliberately added to water supplies, popular foods, personal care products, pharmaceutical drugs and even vaccines?

More than 77,000 chemicals are in active production in North America.
More than 3,000 chemicals are added to our food supply.
More than 10,000 chemicals in the form of solvents, emulsifiers, and preservatives are used in food processing, packaging, wrapping, and storage.
315 chemical contaminants were found in U.S. tap water.
One in eight of the 82,000 ingredients used in personal care products are industrial chemicals.
Neurotoxins and other chemicals are added to vaccines, and a german study shows that vaccinated children have at least 2 to 5 times more diseases and disorders than unvaccinated children.
More than 1000 new chemicals are developed each year.
Most of us have between 400 and 800 chemical residues stored in the fat cells of our bodies.

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2012/04/10/5-reasons-why-we-are-getting-sicker-how-to-reverse-it/
Tee
Tee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:07 pm

A step in the right direction would at least be to have to declare everything on the labels. Hard to believe it wasn't so long ago that cosmetics didn't have ingredients on. I just wish cleaning products did, so we could at least attempt to educate ourselves on what they contain.

I'm struggling a bit at the moment with my alternatives. I find that most of the stuff I use is fine for cleaning and washing, but there are some things that just won't get clean without the 'hard stuff'. I guess you can only compromise where you can! I always wash new clothes before wearing them now too, which I never used to do.

I always use a veggie wash to get rid of pesticides on veg now too, and eat organic where I can. It took me a while to find a decent organic tea - I bet they use all sorts of dodgy pesticides in places where tea is grown (Clipper organic breakfast tea is lovely, and what I have settled on).

Annoyingly, it has definitely not helped my head one bit with all these changes! The benefit has been with my periods being lighter, so hopefully related to my fibroids and endometriosis.

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:35 am

Interesting - what is the wash your using? Never heard of that?

I a doing ok - loving Method and Green People - the only thing I cannot find is a good toilet cleaner - we live in a hard water area and chalk builds up and the only thing to shift it is the strong stuff... Sad

Tee
Tee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:45 am

I'm the same with the toilet cleaner. I still have to use the Harpic every once in a while. Also, I can't find a decent dishwasher tablet.

This is the veggie wash I use, which I can get from a local-ish health food shop.

http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/frameset/detail/969076_Veggi_Wash_Fruit_Too_Fruit___Vegetable_Wash_Concentrate_500ml.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shop&utm_campaign=feed

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:26 am

Thanks for that - will have a look when next in town Smile

Hmm yes forgot those - I have tried most of the eco ones and they do not work - but have found that the really cheap Tesco own brand which does not have a lot of smell are working fine Smile
Tee
Tee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:08 pm

Fab article in the Dail Mail on this subject yesterday

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2204745/Is-scent-making-ill-Todays-obsession-perfuming-candles-bin-liners-blame.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
Tee
Tee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:31 pm

I saw that. I'm glad that the issue is starting to be more out in the open. But I did think that they focused a lot more on the allergies, whereas phtalate-containing artificial fragrances do more than that, eg. the hormone disrupting. They only briefly seemed to touch on that in the article.

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3