Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is this all related to hemiplegic migraine

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

is this all related to hemiplegic migraine  - Page 2 Empty Re: is this all related to hemiplegic migraine

Post by Lesley anne Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:05 am

Hi brainbox, I was just thinking of you and wondering how you are doing. I'm so sorry to hear that your having such as terrible time. I know how it is with being emotional when you have the aura. My meds got changed a week ago because I was so upset with the auras and the way I was feeling. Have you ever tried the combo I'm now on??? It has certainly helped reduced my aura to the point where I can communicate better. I also feel as if I have memory fog with these migraines. Panic if I can't remember a name or such. Why are they mucking your neuro apps about??? Does your dept have a migraine nurse available??? This is not fair to you, I wish I could help you more. If I were you I would change my gp, sod them you need support. If I can do anything via email for you let me know. Sod your crappy boyfriend too. I know they just don't get it at times, but at least coming round to help you with groceries and washing support, anything!!!!is better than nothing. This combo I'm on is indometacin 50 mg and amitryptiline 10 mg, and is helping to reduce my aura to help me function. Please let me know how you are. Take care and its good to rant!!!!

Lesley anne

Back to top Go down

is this all related to hemiplegic migraine  - Page 2 Empty Re: is this all related to hemiplegic migraine

Post by brainbox Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:30 am

finally an update  Embarassed  sorry its take so long, well since November 2012 we had spilt and then he realised what he had lost so reculantly I took him back and now he is as helpful as can be ever since, he realised that my life could go on without him but his life wasn't right without me and he did a lot of reading online about hm and finally copped himself on - been very supportive since, I was sceptical at first thinking it wont last but 15 months later im very glad to say im wrong

after a 2 year fight with social services I also now have carers which help a lot, hm is a daily ongoing condition for me, im either in predrome, aura which is prolonged for me, headache phase followed by postdrome but never seem to get as far as recovery phase before the whole cycle goes around again

I had a short trial on sumatripan just to see if would help, no, my liips swelled and I stuggled to breathe while my throat itched so no go - had 2 courses of botox but that only made things worse overall, currently on Depakote and gabapentin, stopped a painkiller I was prescribed for something else to allow for MOH - waiting to see neuro in next few months to see where we go from here

thanks Tee  Thank you for your help in the past, I now have email contact with neurologist and that's been a major asset at times
brainbox
brainbox

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2