Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Migraines and Blood Pressure

2 posters

Go down

migraines - Migraines and Blood Pressure Empty Migraines and Blood Pressure

Post by MyAcheyHead Tue May 15, 2012 8:02 pm

Hello All. Hope you are well today.
So i have a question on Blood Pressure and Migraines.
Before i was diagnosed with migraines i went down the cardic route to see if my blood pressure was causing H/a. Blood pressure was always high Dr visits and after a 24 hr monitor fitted all was found normal.

Now 3 years on ....after having my blood pressure checked over 6 week period its high, but each time its checked i have been in pain with a migraine.( which i told the nurse before checking it). When i check it at home is normal.

So yesterday i was placed on Bp Pills but the Nurse i saw does not know if my Migraine pain is raising my Bp or do i have a Migraine due to Bp.

Is anyone else come across this dilemma.

Ok heres a rant... Ive had a Migraine for over 2 weeks straight and spent my birthday yesterday in bed so fingers in ears GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! that's better. lol!

Have a good day and Pain free hugs all round xx
MyAcheyHead
MyAcheyHead

Back to top Go down

migraines - Migraines and Blood Pressure Empty Re: Migraines and Blood Pressure

Post by Tee Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:37 am

awww hugs hunny - hope you got over the mig x and had a delayed birthday..

According to BUPA high blood pressure can trigger a mig
http://www.bupa.co.uk/individuals/health-information/directory/m/migraine - will be interesting to see if the pill have an effect in your migs as well as your BP

Its an interesting question - as I have low BP and when I have a mig brewing it goes lower..... to the point that I go faint when going from sitting to standing x
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down