What's your Postdrome?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What's your Postdrome?

Post by sisterphonetica on Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:57 pm

Had my first bad migraine in three weeks last night. Thankfully the triptans knocked the pain away overnight, but BOY this is a horrible woozy postdrome.

Anyone else suffer with the woozies after the pain goes away? I had stuff to do today but will have to postpone til I find my feet here.
sisterphonetica

Back to top Go down

Re: What's your Postdrome?

Post by Nekoha on Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:38 pm

Yeah, the postdrome is awful! The more intense and long-lasting the migraine, the worse the postdrome. Mostly I just suffer extreme fatigue and mental "incompetence" - that's what I call it! Laughing I know my poor brain is just trying to recover, but it is very frustrating.
On the other hand, if my migraine is brought on by extreme exhaustion and mental stress, and I fall asleep at the end of the migraine, I often wake up extremely refreshed and clear... or it feels that way in comparison to how I felt before I fell asleep!!
Also, one thing I have noted is a longer postdrome when I take too much medication. So, when I was taking Fioricet just about every day, and having to take 4-6 pills before the pain was even reduced, I naturally was very ill for days after the migraine! Since I am allergic to triptans, I can't comment on their effect on the postdrome.
Hope you feel better soon!
Carla

Nekoha

Back to top Go down

Post by sisterphonetica on Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:24 am

I'm actually unsure on this one, might have been the drug cocktail. I was a bit dizzy and spinny, wobbly on my feet, and yes, I think mentally incompetent!

Only severe til lunchtime - 5 hours or so. I feel ok now, but nearly fell off my shoes twice walking to the train station. (They're only clogs, not high heels, and I wear them all the time). Weird today. At least the pain's gone and I'm not reeling anymore.

Last night's migraine hit after I was in bed so sleep didn't prevent the postdrome though. Let's hope I don't have another migraine soon.
sisterphonetica

Back to top Go down

Post by pīwakawaka on Sun May 20, 2012 9:17 am

I usually feel "washed out" for several days after a migraine - no energy, little interest in anything and unable to concentrate. Occasionally it's the opposite. I feel really elated and according to family, I tend to be reckless. This seems to mostly happen between two severe migraines occurring a few days apart.

http://anotherspectrum.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sisterphonetica on Mon May 21, 2012 11:08 pm

And now I am thinking about prodrome. I've been feeling low for a couple of days, more detached than usual, and crying a lot. Then, a stinking migraine appeared. I wonder if they were related?
sisterphonetica

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee on Tue May 22, 2012 2:28 am

Interesting - I too have more symptoms the more meds I take......... as a norm I am washed out and just want to be left alone to plod........ tried, achy and not grounded... I also have alot of numbness in my cheek, which seems the first and last bit of me to come and go... I have also noticed that if I take the full codine / tripan mix I feel sick for a few days after....

Admin

http://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum