cinema screenins

View previous topic View next topic Go down

would a special screening at the cinema help you?

22% 22% 
[ 2 ]
11% 11% 
[ 1 ]
44% 44% 
[ 4 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
22% 22% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 9

cinema screenins

Post by onandoffagain on Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:14 am

I can't o to the cinema as it triggers massive migraine attacks, but my son attends a children autism friendly screening which has reduced sound and contrast which i can watch, some cinemas are extending this provision to adult screenings of 15 and 18 films and I am starting to gather info as to whether we could link with the NAS to benefit people with Migraine to use these screenings as well. I would love to hear your comments. xx

onandoffagain

Back to top Go down

Re: cinema screenins

Post by Sarah on Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:31 am

My problem isn't with regular 2D cinema, but with 3D. It makes me feel sick and gives me a migraine. I really hope it turns out to be a fad, but it seems to have been around for ages now.
Sarah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee on Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:21 pm

I never go to 3D and when I go to 2D I wear sunglasses and take ear plugs (the little yellow ones) ... but even that did not work last time.... sometimes its the way its filmed ie those camera shots which are hand held and bob all the time... Would be nice to see if there was a link to a page which lists all the suitable showings Smile

Admin

http://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by pīwakawaka on Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:07 pm

So long as there is little in the way of on-screen effects, I am able to watch both 2D and 3D movies. However if there is a lot of action, bright lights, rapid changes in illumination or loud sound effects, it's a case of having to withdraw to the lobby and wait till my wife appears after the movie ends.....

http://anotherspectrum.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by onandoffagain on Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:02 pm

Yes i agree totally with the type of film, one of the worst i watched was fantastic mr fox (great film) but the screen moved so quickly, made me feel very unwell!

onandoffagain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah on Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:27 pm

I agree on the hand held camera shots. I remember watching The Bourne Identity and feeling sick during the constant shaky camera work in the car chases! But nothing will ever top Avatar in 3D - my stomach was lurching right from the start - I've no idea how I stuck it out.
Sarah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee on Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:59 am

For those in the UK I just found this - look like Odean do showings at 80 venues in the uk Smile

http://www.dimensions-uk.org/what-we-do/autism/autism-friendly-films/autism-friendly-films-faqs/#siblingsfriends

They also do baby friendly showings Smile

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by onandoffagain on Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:51 am

Hi Tee, Cineworld and Odeon also do screenings, if you do a search for autism freindly screenings in your area the local autism branch of the NAS or area equivalent or your local cinema will advertise its screening. There is one in nearly every cinema in the UK now.

onandoffagain

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee on Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:59 am

Smile found one - hubby said we can try one.............. but maybe not right now... I am numb Sad

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah on Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:24 am

It would be great if those of you who really struggle with the sound and lighting etc could enjoy the cinema again. I'll be interested to hear how you get on.
Sarah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum