Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vitamin D testing

2 posters

Go down

Vitamin D testing Empty Vitamin D testing

Post by Sarah Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:41 pm

I've been meaning to put this link on here for a few days. I ordered tests for both myself and my husband, and we have just sent them off.

http://vitamindtest.org.uk/testpack.html

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Vitamin D testing Empty Re: Vitamin D testing

Post by Sarah Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:14 pm

Oh dear, my results are in (don't have my husband's yet, and I'm dying to know!) and I have... 'severe deficiency'!! Sad

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:07 am

wow thats fab news hunny............... you have something to work with and if Vit D is down then calcium will be too ............

What have they said for you to take?
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:20 am

I'm going to give the vitamin D3 another go, but it didn't agree with me last time. I will wait till after the dreaded time of the month though - not a good time to start a new supplement!

I'm quite surprised actually. I expected to be on the low side, but I've spent two summers cooking myself in the garden, so I didn't think I'd be quite so bloomin' low - it came out as 14.7, and anything under 15 is a severe deficiency, with 50 being optimal.

My husband's came out as 65, and he's only been taking a supplement for a month or so, so a supplement is obviously the way to go.

If I can tolerate the supplements, this could be positive. Fingers crossed!!!

edit: forgot to say, yes, I thought that about the calcium and why it helps me a bit. I also think it might explain all my recent toothy troubles - I've had so many fillings in the last 18 months, and there are some obvious transparent areas on my teeth where they have demineralized.

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Mon May 28, 2012 10:49 pm

Latest update here is that I've been out cooking myself for 20 minutes in the mid day sun every day since the sun came out (so only a few days ago!), with a ridiculous hat and dark sunglasses.

I've been taking vitamin D3 drops for about 2 weeks now, maybe longer. I started on 2000 iu a day, but I'm now on 4000 iu. On the days I'm out in the sun, I don't take the drops.

I just hope this is doing something!!

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Wed May 30, 2012 8:18 am

fingers crossed - I have just added Vit D spray in - not a lot to report yet...
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Wed May 30, 2012 9:12 pm

Best of luck with it!

Actually, after I said that I wasn't taking my supplement on sunny days, I've changed my mind! I was reading that with the vitamin D levels as low as mine, there really is little danger of overdosing, as long as I get myself tested at the end of the summer. I can then try to work out a dose for the winter.

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down