Fell down stairs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fell down stairs

Post by Nekoha on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:01 am

Sunday I had a bad migraine. I didn't have anything to do, so I didn't want to take medicine. I mostly just lay in bed in the dark, but I was having a really bad time with my bladder during the migraine (does anyone else have that problem? Having to pee every 10 minutes!?), so I was going up and down the stairs a lot (our bathroom is downstairs). Well, about 10 hours into the migraine, I was going downstairs and suddenly got dizzy and down I fell! I can't really even explain what happened - my foot didn't go where I wanted it to, I guess is the closest way to say it.
Well, now I am still in a lot of pain. Nothing broken, but a severely bruised rib, both arms bruised, and my poor bottom - that's the worst!! Embarassed My husband screamed when he saw the bruise on my bottom - it's huge and really gross-looking. pale
Now I am wondering if I am starting to develop other neurological symptoms with my migraines. I don't have HM, but I am beginning to have numbness in my arms and legs on the side of the migraine, dizziness, and disorientation during migraines.
I guess I want to know - is it common for migraines to develop this way? I've had migraines for 30 years now, but this past year has been the worst, and now I feel like there are more and more complications adding on to what I already have... makes me long for the days of 1 "simple" migraine a week!!
Thanks for listening - I am scared right now, and no one in my "real life" knows what I am going through... just tell me to take it up with the neurologist...

Nekoha

Back to top Go down

Re: Fell down stairs

Post by Kala on Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:11 am

Hi Nekoha,

Sorry to hear you fell down the stairs but from what you're describing it sounds like you're developing HM, migraine symptoms have a tendency to change over time. It would certainly be a good idea to keep a headache diary and note down all the symptoms you're experiencing so that you can discuss these with your neurologist. I can also empathise with how you're feeling scared about your situation but please remember you're not on your own we all have a good understanding about what you're going through.

And, yes frequency of urination is a common symptom of migraine and I experience this too.

I hope you're feeling better soon.

Michala
x
Kala

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee on Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:39 am

Nekoha - How are doing?

Sorry to read about the fall - but as Kala has already said it does sound like you may be on the HM road Sad.... or could it just be a touch of vertigo?

And indeed I run to the loo every 5 mins when a mig is on the way - It is now one of my early signals as it can happen a few days before...........

Admin

http://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Nekoha on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:59 am

Hey Tee,
I am doing pretty good! The bruises have (mostly) healed by now!
I am a bit worried that I am developing HM, as I have started experience numbness and difficulty finding words during a migraine. Let's hope that the symptoms are just temporary or something! Wink
It's good to know that frequent urination isn't just me!
Going to the neurologist day after tomorrow, with a report on my migraines since November. I was looking back over it, and I only had 4 migraines in November!! Amazing, since up to November, it was a daily agony, leading to the loss of my job. But December was double that, last month was 10 migraines. A third of my days lost forever to migraine pain! Still, I am grateful that it isn't every day like last year! But I do worry b/c all of the migraines I am experiencing now are much stronger and more complicated in that I have dizziness, disorientation, numbness, etc. Sad Well, we'll see what the doc says!
Carla

Nekoha

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee on Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:41 pm

Glad your bruises are getting better - do let us know how you get on with the doc - you have kept a fab diary there so it should help.....

Admin

http://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum