Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

e-petition - Rescind the law on the Sale of Incandescent light bulbs

3 posters

Go down

e-petition  - Rescind the law on the Sale of Incandescent light bulbs Empty e-petition - Rescind the law on the Sale of Incandescent light bulbs

Post by Tee Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:22 am

Rescind the law on the Sale of Incandescent light bulbs
Responsible department: Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs

I want government to rescind the law on the sale of incandescent light bulbs. Why can't we have both types of bulbs on sale, side by side, and allow the people to choose which bulb they want to use. It is well documented that other major countries have or are repealing this law as it has been proved that low energy bulbs are a health hazard espcially to people who suffer from migrain, epilepsy or any kind of eye condition as the condition will get worse. Disposal of low energy bulbs is not straight forward either as the mercury inside them is classed as toxic waste, low energy bulbs also have a much poorer performance record when compared to incandescent bulbs. In this time of recession when everyone is living on very tight budgets forcing the people to buy Very Highly Priced under-performing low energy bulbs is dictatorial and condemns a large percentage of the people to poorer health.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/20393
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

e-petition  - Rescind the law on the Sale of Incandescent light bulbs Empty Re: e-petition - Rescind the law on the Sale of Incandescent light bulbs

Post by Sarah Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:41 am

I've got a feeling I've signed a petition about lightbulbs before and I've no idea if it was that one.

Perhaps I'm being unduly picky, but I'm not very impressed with the wording on that one. I feel by throwing in things like cost issues, the important issue (ie health issues) aren't likely to be taken so seriously. eg. given how much longer the energy saver lightbulbs last (in my experience, anyway) and how much cheaper they tend to be these days compared to a few years ago, I'm really not sure cost is a good reason to justify keeping the older style bulbs.

Just my view - I'm sure others will disagree. Smile

Sarah

Back to top Go down

e-petition  - Rescind the law on the Sale of Incandescent light bulbs Empty Re: e-petition - Rescind the law on the Sale of Incandescent light bulbs

Post by pīwakawaka Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:27 am

I would have to agree that cost can no longer be an argument against the energy saver light bulbs, as with only half our lights being energy saver we have noticed a reduction in replacement costs and the power bill. Disposal and health issues seem to me to be the best arguments against the current generation of energy saver light bulbs.

I think that the common energy saver light we see to day (which are based on fluorescent technology) will be replaced soon be replaced by LED lighting which will hopefully solve these issues.

A move to ban incandescent light bulbs was abandoned in NZ a few years ago and now it's a case of let the market decide. There is a slow but definite move to energy efficient lighting here.
pīwakawaka
pīwakawaka

http://anotherspectrum.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down