Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help-Anyone had high blood pressure readings with hemiplegic migraine?

3 posters

Go down

Help-Anyone had high blood pressure readings with hemiplegic migraine? Empty Help-Anyone had high blood pressure readings with hemiplegic migraine?

Post by Alice Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:22 am

Hi all. Drugged to the eyeballs with co-codamol and ibuprofen- which enables me to write this. I have a horrible migraine at the moment. Pain so bad taht I saw my GP(new one so does not know me or my history) and explained that Iwas concerned about the fact that my migraine was not on the left side of brain as usual but on the right with pins and needles through left arm. GP took blood pressure 3 times since all three came out at 142/99. My understanding is that this is high and I questioned it explaining taht I had always had normal blood pressure and I was taking blood pressure tablets to err on side of caution and bring down below normal due to my history of stroke. GP not sure why lower number was 99 but said taht it may be because of my pain.Said no need for referral since I was on medication to keep me safe. Any ideas anyone? I am at a loss here and I cannot go to work feeling like this or taking these painkillers.

Alice

Back to top Go down

Help-Anyone had high blood pressure readings with hemiplegic migraine? Empty Re: Help-Anyone had high blood pressure readings with hemiplegic migraine?

Post by pīwakawaka Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:26 pm

Last time I had a BP reading was when I was picked up by the ambulance service after I had been seen staggering around town in a dazed state. When they first tested me it was 119/70 with a pulse rate of 70. Twenty minutes later they tested again and it was 146/100 and the heart rate had gone up to 90.

Doesn't make sense to me. Surely if I had been lying or sitting down while I was under the paramedics' care, it wouldn't have gone up. I'm guessing that I must have realised something was wrong as I was wired up to an ECG and I had several medics surrounding me. And that realisation caused stress, resulting in the change. But it's only a guess as I don't recall anything of the occasion.
pīwakawaka
pīwakawaka

http://anotherspectrum.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Help-Anyone had high blood pressure readings with hemiplegic migraine? Empty Re: Help-Anyone had high blood pressure readings with hemiplegic migraine?

Post by Tee Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:32 pm

Oh poppet - I am sorry to read that.

I a not sure about blood pressure during an attack - I as a norm have low pressure - but I have never had a test during an attack............ The change of side can happen, I know a few people who this has happened to and it does seem to knock you as your not used to that side being effected........

Are you under a consultant? GPs are great but with this you really need to be with a migraine neurologist?

Tee
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down