occipital nerve block does it hurt lots?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

occipital nerve block does it hurt lots?

Post by Whatsername on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:08 am

I am going to have the occipital nerve block soon and am a bit scared it will hurt loads. I am really not very good when it comes to these things. My OH i coming with me so at least he will be there to hold my hand but I am still scared of it.

Also a bit random but does anyone know if you can get funded for botox on an individual case basis I know NHS haven't said they will fund it yet and we expect to find out in June but is there any way of getting botox for migraine if the NHS say no to funding?

Thanks everyone

Whatsername

Back to top Go down

Re: occipital nerve block does it hurt lots?

Post by Tee on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:56 am

Hi There

I have had 2 of these in the past - and they are not that bad..... to be honest the worse bit is when they press the neck to find the right spot, the actual injection is not too bad - and its over and done in a minitute..

Re the Botox - if NICE say no in June - Botox on the NHS is unlikely to go ahead - but you will still be able to have it done private - the average cost seems to be £500.

Fingers crossed for June ....

Admin

http://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum