Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you find it frustrating?

3 posters

Go down

Do you find it frustrating? Empty Do you find it frustrating?

Post by Dr Pav Khaira Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:01 am

Just wondering, but almost all of my patients feel frustrated with their doctors as they feel that they either have no clue about what to do for those suffering with migraines or feel the doctor isn't really interested, does anyone else agree with this?

I'm just trying to understand as most of the patients who come in to see me have very severe symptoms and I may just be seeing the end of the scale
Dr Pav Khaira
Dr Pav Khaira

http://www.redskydentalspa.com

Back to top Go down

Do you find it frustrating? Empty Re: Do you find it frustrating?

Post by Tee Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:40 am

I think everyone goes through this at some stage - but then there are stages of the journey........... at first you want to know what is wrong............. then you want get it fixed..............then you realise it cannot be fixed....................so then you want to manage it better...

Having a doctor that can help you through those stages would be fab...not sure its possible...one thing is for sure not all doctors are the same and you need to push and see more than one if you do not get the help you need ........ I have now had 6 consultants and 2 GPs ............ at various stages........ Having a good GP is the frist step-one that understands migs and will refer you is worth its weight in gold -My first GP was an amazing lady (whom had migs herself) and she pushed with me and callendged the first consultants I saw - she did not think they were correct (neither did I) and we were right........... 4 consultants later and as many years, I got my HM dignosis.......... and now have a great NHS consultant whom I work with to get management (I cannot only see him at clinic, I can email him and he has always got back to me within hours) I cannot fault him at all. (I also have another private consultant who again is great as he works with the NHS one)................ but sadly I read of many people whom just do not get the support or understandinf from thier GPs let alone consultants............... not sure what the answer is......... other than do not give up and keep pushing until you get a doc you can work with...
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:57 am

yes i went through numerous gps until ive finally found one that has hm herself and totally understands where im coming from !!! i found some who thought i was pull a fast one , others who didnt really give a monkeys , others who didnt have a clue and this goes for consultants as well . tee is spot on you have to keep pushing and pushing , the system isnt geared to help you at all , and then there is the dsw , and they are a bunch of well ... i wont say .!!!
HM should be classed as a genuine serious illness , and serious research should be done into it , instead of some of the blatiently stupid stuff scientists are playing with ... im in the middle of a nasty episode again , 2 days in bed , just up , balance lost , just getting that back , mind starts to wander and the pins and needles arrive back in my arms and face and legs with weakness again ... mine looks like its untreatable, so governments should be doing more to help people like us with genuine problems , than clowns who havnt ..
robbo
robbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:45 am

Well said Mr Robbo Smile
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down