My top tips on having a migraine free Christmas...
1) Try to stay calm - remember mediation and beuyko breathing - it will all get done and if not its not the end of the world - and remember delegate! Remember Christmas is about the time you have with your family and friends not that you forgot the sprouts!
2) Avoid the crowds - shop on line - make a list and hit the PC - this includes the food too. Supermarkets are bad on a normal day, but during a Christmas frenzy they can be a migrainers hell. If you do have to go - go either first thing in the morning or very late at night, many are open 24hrs now - or better still send someone else
3) Try to stay to the same sleep pattern - Late nights and even morning lie-ins can cause an attack.
4) Eat and drink regularly: mealtimes and the types of foods can change over the Christmas period. So watch what your eating if you have food triggers. To keep blood sugar levels stable - avoid too many sugary snacks and remember to drink plenty of water throughout the day.
5) Be prepared for those flashing or flickering Christmas lights - try wearing tinted (sunglasses) when they are around (always carry them with you).
6) Get some fresh air and exercise and don't spend long periods in front of the TV or a computer screen.
7) Get someone else to do the Christmas dinner or go out to a quite restaurant - the stress of pulling off a big roast can cause an attack as can the let down after.
8 ) Plan for a night out - rest the day before and have nothing planned for the day after - remember to take your triptans with you and have a 'get me home quick plan'
9) Please do not hit the pills - take the amount you are allowed - you do not need a rebound headache come new year
Do you have any tips you can share?
“Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.” Buddha[/color][/i]
- Posts : 29
Join date : 2012-08-27