Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Blood Test For Migraine?

2 posters

Go down

A Blood Test For Migraine? Empty A Blood Test For Migraine?

Post by Tee Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:14 pm

I found this very interesting - has anyone had this test done?
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

by JAMES on 5 DECEMBER 2011

What if you could have a simple blood test done which could confirm your diagnosis of migraine – and also put you on the road to proper treatment?

True, scientific, individualized treatment is something we’ve been promised for years – but still there’s no good genetic test or blood test or any other kind of test that can diagnose migraine every time and tell you which treatment will be the most effective.

But that’s not to say that blood tests (or other types of tests) are useless. As a matter of fact, there is a blood test that may help some migraine patients discover an important treatment for them. And it’s not only helpful for migraine patients, but for those with depression – and often one patient is dealing with both issues.

And there’s more.

If this test comes up positive, it may also warn you of a higher risk of stroke and heart disease. Sound familiar? Yes, migraine patients (at least some) do seem to have a higher risk of stroke and heart disease.

Now, we’re talking about a simple test that can help you treat migraine, depression, and your risk of heart disease. I should ask those of you with migraine – or migraine and depression – have you ever heard of such a thing? Have you had a blood test done? Some of you I hope will be saying yes. Others of you are wondering why no doctor has sent you for blood work before.

And that would be a good question.

What is the test? It’s a homocysteine test.

http://headacheandmigrainenews.com/a-blood-test-for-migraine/
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

A Blood Test For Migraine? Empty Re: A Blood Test For Migraine?

Post by Sarah Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:00 pm

Odd article...

I actually have had a homocysteine test, through the York Labs. Assuming it was accurate, it actually said my levels were within the normal range. I had it done as I'd heard of a link to migraines, so thought I'd better see if I had a problem there.

Sarah

Back to top Go down