Hi - would like to share my migraine experience

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi - would like to share my migraine experience

Post by allison on Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:47 pm

Hi everyone. Was really interested to read your stories about your terrible migraines. 30 years ago I started to get severe migraines - paralyzed down one side, talking backwards, killer headaches lasting about a week each time. Was also terribly depressed. Had the usual response from GP. Treated me like the little woman! Told me I was anxious (I don't have an anxious bone in my body) etc etc. Big black bruises on my body. One migraine so bad was taken into hosp.

Platelets (blood clotting cells) only 17,000 (should be 250 - 350 thousand). Was bleeding internally and externally. Treated with 100mg prednislone a day and transfusions. Had illness (eventually diagnosed as chronic thrombotic thrombocytopoenia) for 5 years during which time had appendix removed (dangerous because of clotting probs); Docs wanted to remove spleen - wouldn't let them; had multiple bleeds to the brain; digestion shot to pieces; kidneys packed up; told I hadn't long to live.

Discovered that certain foods made my illness worse - started food diary - eventually was down to eating only lamb, carrots and bottled water. Eventually through research I pinned my illness down to additives in food ( agricultural chemicals and colourants, preservatives, etc etc. Now eat organic only. Experimented with vitamin supplements. Took only Vit B3 which benefits migraine sufferers and those with digestive problems, and Vit C (Vits have to be pure - health food shops often sell Vits with additives in them or GM). Blood became normal and other symptoms ceased. In opposition to Doctors came off steroids.

Have been well since. Friends, family and colleagues that also suffered from migraine and a variety of other disorders ranging from depression to digestive problems tried the same organic diet (very restricted at first leaving out any food with bacteria in like cheese, yoghurt and SOY) - gradually widening to take in most organic food; and taking Vit B3 (Niacinamide capsules) and Vit C (metabolics). Their conditions vastly improved, sometimes like me completely cured. (Some multivits can make conditions worse) It is a really strict organic diet at first - but it is worth it.
The diet has to run in conjunction with these vit supplements to restore a completely devastated immune system.

I now run a free nutritional advice centre for dog and cat owners; have always fed my dogs and cats organically and they rarely have to be treated by the Vet; and now run a charity for bees - Bees Action Network. Bees are dying off at an alrming rate. We believe they too are being poisoned by a combination of chemicals in food - now supported by a UN ENvironmemntal Programme report.
I believe food additives account for a great deal of human illness: increased diabetes; obesity; allergies; IBS and other digestive problems; increased cancers and childhood illnesses; mental disorders; ADHD, aggression and control problems amongst others.

I know that organic = expensive. But you can grow your own veg which certainly helps (organic seed only!) and search out local organic farm sources. Believe me - organic is not a lifestyle choice as many would have us believe. It is a choice for life.

allison

http://www.beesactionnetwork.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi - would like to share my migraine experience

Post by Sarah on Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:09 am

Thanks so much for posting this message. I've recently moved to as organic a lifestyle as possible, although I do find it a bit of a struggle, due to the lack of choice in supermarkets etc, and the lack of decent farm shops with organic products.

I would be really interested to hear of the sorts of additives that were the main culprits for you, or whether just moving to a mostly organic lifestyle helped without you totally pinpointing what those additives were.
Sarah
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by usedtobejolly on Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:06 am

I am also interested in this. I try as far as possible to eat any 'processed' food -- and eating just very plain natural ingredients, and organic wherever possible. I'm pretty sure that some food items are very bad triggers for me too. Often, I am at a complete loss to think of what I can buy to eat!
x
usedtobejolly

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo on Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:58 am

ive been going around in circles with what may trigger my hm , as i get symptoms everyday , i think you could easily get paranoid with it all . Shocked
robbo

Back to top Go down

More on migraine

Post by allison on Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:34 pm

Hi all
I really symapthise - in the end you can drive yourself mad by trying to make sense of it. I found (after long hard experience and putting myself back in hospital on 2 occasions through taking the wrong vitamins) it was allfood which either had additives in it such as preservatives or colourants - together with food which had been sprayed with a variety of agrichemicals - so all conventionally grown food!

Don't listen to those who say that there are such a small amount of chemical additives in food that they cant make a diference. They do. Take a vaccine for instance - which has a minute quantity of a specific organism but has a massive effect. No doctor would tell you they don't work. Small quantities - particlularly taken over a long period of time - have profound effects.

These chemicals depress the inmmune system. You have to attack the problem on two fronts. By eating a very basic diet of lamb, chicken and all fruit and veg (all organic) and taking 2 pure* vitamins - B3 (Niacinamide) which opens up the circulation, and Vitamin C that zaps all the toxins (I took 2 each Vit in morning just before breakfast, 2 each evening just before tea) - your health should generally improve and the migraines stop. And eventually you'll be able to eat almost everything (I still can't do uncoooked cheese!) But you must avoid at first - soy, yoghurt, cheese, pork -anything which maybe difficult to digest. Vegetarians have a more difficult job as largely their diet sometimes depends on soy and cheese but there must be ways round this.

I know how hard it is on the cost front and on actually finding good cheap organics - but believe me - it is really worth making the sacrifices necessary - good health is priceless. The cost is balanced by less visits to the doctors and you eat less as each food contains a wallop of protein, vitamins and minerals etc - you get more for your money!

You can try to identify which food is causing your probs by keeping a food diary - but this is just tinkering round the edges and you will not be doing anything to boost your immune system. The adulteration of food with chemicals is one of the worst crimes against humanity since WW2.

I am thinking of starting a nutitional advisory service but I would need to charge and really you can do this by yourself. But do let me know if you need any advice or help.
*Metabolics

Best wishes and the very best of luck

Allison

allison

http://www.beesactionnetwork.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: