hm nightmares

View previous topic View next topic Go down

hm nightmares

Post by robbo on Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:46 am

well after 7 days of constant arura and head pressure i finally got a call from my gp , they have increased my amitriptiline from 75mg to 100mg , the wont change my medication until i see a nurologist urgently as im very unstable . i now cant drive because it as it affects my concentration and makes the symptoms worse Crying or Very sad the earliest appt ive got for a nurologist is dec 21 at sunderland . the nurologists at newcastles RVI are playing the scarlet pimpernel part to the full , and have gone off the radar Twisted Evil
work are getting annoyed at my time off Rolling Eyes i heard from nz where im from that the nhs was the best in the world ... at what im now not quite sure of anymore Very Happy
any ideas on how to hurry things up through the obvious red tape??
robbo

Back to top Go down

Re: hm nightmares

Post by Tee on Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:01 am

Sorry your on a day 7 of this Sad

How many do you normally get in a month and which kind?

Hurrying the NHS hmmmm its a difficult one. But if your symptoms change and you are worried you can always go to A&E. I do know of people who have done this.

Migraines effect a lot of peoples driving Sad Some local bus companies give free passes out if you are ill - its worth a call - if you can stand the crowds and getting on them.

Also, migraine comes under the disability rules now - there is a thread on here about what others have gone through - but your GP could always write to your employers if you think that might help....

Do let us know how you get on - hopefully they can get you on a new med for prevention or try one of the procedures ie DHE or GONB to try and break the cycle...

Admin

http://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo on Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:50 pm

hi tee , until june i hadnt had an episode for 3 years no ive been admitted to hospitals 4 time since july and have had symptoms daily to various degrees , i have hm . when i see nurologist ill ask him about gonb . i didnt realise that migraines come under disability rules , is there somewhere i can find out more ... i had another episode last night
robbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee on Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:05 am

Sorry your having a run of them Sad Any idea what triggered them?

There is loads of stuff under this thread
http://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk/f16-benefits-legal-insurance

But please do start new threads if you need too. A lot of people with HM have managed to get benefits to help

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo on Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:02 am

no i dont tee, your forum is a great source of info and help!! i was reading about DLA , i was on esa for a few months when i had my tia. its nerve wracking filling in these forms as they dont make it easy for you , and when it comes to migraines even harder
robbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee on Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:07 am

Sad I know hun - there are some groups that can help with the form filling - they are listed on the benefit pages - also you can request to answer the questions over the phone - I did this and the lady was lovely - she allowed me to have breaks and get meds and drinks etc... I just told her what happened and she wrote it all down for me Smile

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo on Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:15 am

well after having constant problems ive finally heard from the rvi . it seems because of the vascular troublesi have they are limited in what they can try , and i have tried it all. so as i havnt had a full dose of toprimate im giving that a go last ditch attempt... if that doesnt work then there is nothing they can do to try and prevent my HM. i got turned down for dla so im reappling for that , turning into a big ruddy nightmare this ... Crying or Very sad
robbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee on Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:27 pm

It can be a nightmare - but hang in there.....DLA are turning everyone down at the moment, I have not heard of anyone getting it first time round - so appeal....

I hope the topamax wors for you... NICE have just reviewed Botox - we are waiting for the results - but if that gets approval then the NHS will have no legal right to refuse access - its new so there maybe something else you will be able to try in the coming months. I was lucky enough to get on a trail and it is the only thing which has helped with the daily auara and head pain ....

Hang in there x

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Pav Khaira on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:40 pm

Hopefully NICE will be sensible about Botox protocol! It can help a LOT of people!

I'm hoping to start working on something with the NHS soon, let's hope they listen! Fortunately I've piqued the interest of some VERY well respected people in the UK with regards to migraines so hopefully they will be able to help
Dr Pav Khaira

http://www.redskydentalspa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum