Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The new superdrug -- food

2 posters

Go down

The new superdrug -- food Empty The new superdrug -- food

Post by Tee Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:26 am

LAURA BARNETT Nov 11 2011 00:00

I was 17 when I had my first migraine. For several hours, I felt sick, dizzy, oddly distanced from my surroundings. Then came the pain: a relentless, all-encompassing stabbing just behind my right eye. My mother, a lifelong sufferer, promptly issued me with a series of nutritional instructions: avoid red wine, cheese and chocolate; go easy on oranges.

I obey these -- with the occasional chocolate-related exception -- to this day and the effects are tangible: one gulp of mulled wine, even a taste of red-wine gravy, and I'm in bed for three days.

Which is why I'm following TV's new health programme, The Food Hospital, with particular interest. The eight-part series, which began on November 1 in the United Kingdom, aims to show the importance of diet in managing even some of the most serious health conditions and, in some cases, to prove that dietary changes can be a viable alternative to drugs.

http://mg.co.za/article/2011-11-11-the-new-superdrug--food/
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

The new superdrug -- food Empty Re: The new superdrug -- food

Post by Sarah Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:41 am

I found the 2nd episode more interesting than the first, even though migraines weren't mentioned. There was a girl suffering from both alopaecia and IBS. They decided to treat the IBS rather than the alopaecia, in the hope that the stress of the body from the IBS was causing or worsening the alopaecia, which did turn out to be the case.

Makes me wonder about all these common complaints we suffer from as well as our migraines, and the stress on the body of them/whether they affect our migraines.

Sarah

Back to top Go down