Carbamazepiine, Lamotrigine or an SNRI

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Carbamazepiine, Lamotrigine or an SNRI

Post by usedtobejolly on Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:04 pm

Last time I saw the headache doctor he said if I am not improved he will add in one of the above drugs. I have Central Sensitisation and Chronic Migraine. I have been taking an increasing dose of Pregabalin for about 3 months and six weeks ago reached a daily dose of 600 mg.

I noticed improvements with pregabalin and was sleeping very well, and the crushing fatigue that I had been suffering from disappeared. The severity of my headaches reduced and the duration of the very bad attacks seems to be shorter. The problem for me is that the other symptoms are not improved at all, I have episodes where I just don't know what is going on and everything seems strange, I also feel distant from myself and sometimes feel like I have been paralysed, but I am not really, sometimes find I am staring into space and cannot shift. It is really embarrassing, and difficult to deal with. Over the last four weeks I have not been sleeping so well, and have very numb hands, and my joints are frequently aching. It also seems like the crashing fatigue has returned.

The pregabalin has weight gain as a side effect, and unfortunately I have gained about a stone, which is terrible.

Since I am not continuing to improve I think he will want to add in the other drugs.
x
usedtobejolly

Back to top Go down

Re: Carbamazepiine, Lamotrigine or an SNRI

Post by Tee on Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:36 am

Hi hunny

Sorry that things are still not improving Sad

I have only heard of one of the drugs you mention - Carbamazepiine which is an anticonvulsant and mood-stabilizing drug used primarily in the treatment of epilepsy. It sounds like your aura symptoms are getting worse - I do hope they can find something that works soon xxxx

Admin

http://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum