Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Migraine with aura - classical migraine

Go down

Migraine with aura - classical migraine  Empty Migraine with aura - classical migraine

Post by Tee Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:24 am

Welcome to the classical migraine thread.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The typical migraine headache is unilateral pain (affecting one half of the head) and pulsating in nature and lasting from 4 to 72 hours; symptoms include nausea, vomiting, photophobia (increased sensitivity to light), phonophobia (increased sensitivity to sound); the symptoms are generally aggravated by routine activity.[3][4] Approximately one-third of people who suffer from migraine headaches perceive an aura—unusual visual, olfactory, or other sensory experiences that are a sign that the migraine will soon occur.[5]

Last edited by Tee on Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Migraine with aura - classical migraine  Empty Re: Migraine with aura - classical migraine

Post by Tee Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:37 am

I have had classical migraine since I was 13 years old and I am sure they were linked to my periods at that age - they would start with a tingling in my right hand, which would travel up my arm, hit my mouth (speech became slurry) then it would hit my eyes (aura would kick in) then bang the head (yep horses kicking you in the head).

But I learnt, that I had about 20 mins from the tingle in my hand to get home and into a very dark room, where I would lay still for 24 hrs.

I have to say at this stage of my life, my mum had no idea of the amount of pain I was going through, so I was never given a treatment, it was only as I got a little older that I saw a doctor who gave me MIGRALEVE™️. Since they cam only 12 times a year, they were never seen as a problem Crying or Very sad
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down