Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hemiplegic Migraine

+9
Scarlett
Dr Pav Khaira
Juliem
TWORTHIN
Sheena Hulston
whitzendJane
onandoffagain
Kala
Tee
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

aura - Hemiplegic Migraine - Page 3 Empty Re: Hemiplegic Migraine

Post by pīwakawaka Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:51 pm

Hi Tracey, I understand what you are going through. I seem to end up at a nearby city hospital A&E a couple of times a year displaying stroke-like symptoms. So far, the only diagnosis I've had is "migraine". If I'm lucky It will be someone who knows my symptoms that finds me first, so the trip to hospital can be avoided.

At such times I find it very difficult to find the right words and I get very confused and disorientated. sometimes I have no recollection of the event. I'm not sure of how much pain I have at those times. There's so much "fog". I am aware that I'm in pain, but can not measure or compare it to any other pain. Apparently last time I was in hospital I got very cross with the staff as they kept wanting to know what my pain level was on a scale of 1 to 10. I couldn't tell them.

I wonder if by 'numb pain' you are referring to something like Ekbom’s syndrome (Restless legs syndrome)? I get it moderately between migraine attacks. My mother gets it so badly that she has been known to yelp from the "pain". I put 'pain' in quotation marks because it doesn't hurt in the conventional sense. But the sensation is so unpleasant that it can bring her to tears. Ekbom’s syndrome is more common among migraine sufferers than in the general population.
pīwakawaka
pīwakawaka

http://anotherspectrum.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3