Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTF? Study Shows Swearing Reduces Pain

4 posters

Go down

WTF? Study Shows Swearing Reduces Pain Empty WTF? Study Shows Swearing Reduces Pain

Post by Tee Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:15 am

You know that time you stubbed your toe and the blinding pain caused you to shout a string of choice words that would make your mother cringe? Turns out you weren't being rude — you were easing the pain.

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/04/18/wtf-study-shows-swearing-reduces-pain/#ixzz1JuHcWGuK

Gosh we would have to swear real bad Laughing
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

WTF? Study Shows Swearing Reduces Pain Empty Re: WTF? Study Shows Swearing Reduces Pain

Post by Sarah Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:06 am

How funny! Time to put away the old swear box and prepare to turn the air blue, I think! Very Happy

Sarah

Back to top Go down

WTF? Study Shows Swearing Reduces Pain Empty Re: WTF? Study Shows Swearing Reduces Pain

Post by whitzendJane Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:28 am

OMG I could be pain free in no time! I say a few choice ones everytime I bang my head when I get my shoes out from under the stairs..I can't believe how many times I do that..its maddening.

That is so funny to think of us all suddenly shouting out expletives then saying it's therapeutic.
whitzendJane
whitzendJane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:34 am

ROFLMAO - we could all give it a go Very Happy
Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:45 am

I'll start: *&%@!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaz Mon May 02, 2011 2:29 am

Hahaha! I LOVE this.... I can just imagine the neurologists being completely baffled by the fact that diagnosis of severe pain and headache drops, but diagnosis of Tourettes goes through the roof!

I can totally relate to this, but personally think it has more to do with the fact that swearing is a way of releasing frustration, a great pressure valve release! AND... having a good old sweary, potty mouthed rant, saying as many words as you can think of, feels really naughty, and therefore strangely good!

Haven't read the article, but next time my hubby gets an earful, I'm just going to say I'm following doctors orders

Wink

Kaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down