Migraine Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Volume Control

4 posters

Go down

Volume Control Empty Volume Control

Post by h.tomlinson Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:04 pm

Working in an open plan office makes we wish people had a volume control.....6 different conversations going on around me makes me want to scream SHUT UP...but then they will just think I am more weird than they already do! Evil or Very Mad At least they have agreed to let me take the light bulbs out over my desk (on silly sensor lights that go off when you don't move so you can't turn them on/off) Razz
h.tomlinson
h.tomlinson

Back to top Go down

Volume Control Empty Re: Volume Control

Post by Tee Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:33 pm

Oh poor you - I have screamed SHUT UP more than once LOL

My consultant explained to me the reason i have problems with lots of people talking to me or around me at once - he said its like when your at a party and one person is talking to you a 'normal' person (HA) can hear that one person and filter out the rest of the background noise - we carn't - so we get noise over load.

The times I have walked away from the dinner table - 4 kids and 1 husband all talking at once grrrrrrrrrrr

Not sure how big your company is you work for - but do they have occupational health team?

Oh I just had a thought - how about ear muffs LMAO - I have them for when I hoover - I know madness - but needs must lol

Tee
Tee
Admin

https://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by h.tomlinson Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:42 pm

the image of you with ear muffs on makes me smile Laughing My hoover has a quite setting but the dog doesn't!
there is 30 staff mixed with part and full time but no occupational health although they have been very understanding (light bulbs) Good to know why the noise effects me more than a 'normal' person never knew that. Today might be a day I leave early tho...botox has totally worn off so I am fighting this on my own as it were until my next appointment (7th July) the morphine bottle will be coming out alot today I think...even my scalp feels tender....do you get that? Perhaps a good cry under the duvet will make me feel a little better....the tears are in the back of my throat already. Mexican wave
h.tomlinson
h.tomlinson

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:53 pm

Oh hunny HUGS.

Can you take the day off and just rest and cry - that always helps Smile

Yes I get the tender scalp - there are days when I cannot brush my hair for it and the odd one when even a shower hurts Sad I went off on sick leave 5 years ago, so I have the luxury of just not giving a damn, and can walk around with hair all over the place LOL. I have no idea how you guys work with this.

Do you have a Triptan you can take too?

Thinking of you Hug
Tee
Tee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by h.tomlinson Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:59 pm

I am at the stage were I need to looking into if I can give up work...I think I would get some of 'me' back if I did...just the money side of it.

Nothing works for me appart from morphine and that just takes the edge off.

I have curly hair so no one notices if I don't brush it geek

This time next week I will be in Palma on a friends boat so holding on for the break...sun will be blinding but I don't care eyes shut with glasses on and flat on my back in the sun will help with that pain! sunny

Yeah decided to leave at lunch...good cry and sleep needed x
h.tomlinson
h.tomlinson

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:11 pm

Oh Palma sounds wonderful Smile

When you get a moment have a look on the benefit thread on here - a few people have gone through the system and won - It will help to talk to them before you fill the forms in. I know jane and graham have a lot of experience on this one.

Oh boat and sun - I am so jealous lol
Tee
Tee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by whitzendJane Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:13 pm

Yes I have a 'help' form which takes you through the very long form. Can email 2 anyone. I have experience of them but would recommend most people contact 'dial'...because even with my previous experience it still took me 4 weeks to do in my current state.
Jane
X
Do incapacity 1st then dla
whitzendJane
whitzendJane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:10 am

Oh I do feel for you. Sad I can definitely relate to the tender scalp thing too.

Hope you have a lovely holiday x

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down