Does anyone else get a pounding heart with HM??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does anyone else get a pounding heart with HM??

Post by Tee on Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:10 pm

I have had such a bad night, very bad silent HM attack. It started yesterday afternoon, but last night I had full blown left side weakness and numbness, in head, face, ear, mouth, tongue, arm, hand, leg and even felt it in my torso, which I have never left before. BUT my heart was going ten to the dozen, something which I have never had before either, it was quite worrying and kept me awake for hours. I think it was triggered by me washing my hair, I had a similar (but lower level) one ealier in the week from bending my head back to wash my hair in the bath. I had not taken any meds and was not stressed. Normally this level attack takes a while to build and is triggered by me over doing it - which I had not this time. (I guess Botox and hair washing do not mix)

So, I was wondering if anyone else has ever had rapid heart beats with this?

Feeling totally washed out now with the numbness still in my face Sad

Tee
Tee
Admin

http://migrainetalk.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Does anyone else get a pounding heart with HM??

Post by onandoffagain on Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:27 am

I have the rapid heart as well on several big attacks. I have often wondered if it is a result of panicking about the attack or a symptom of the attack.
I'm so sorry to hear you are having a bad day. Who knew washing your hair could be so risky? You will feel more washed out if your heart has been racing as its like having a workout without going to the gym!! bounce
Is a silent attack where you get the aura but no headache? Do you get that a lot or do you get the head pain a few days later?
Im just wondering how you distinguish one migraine attack from the next one xx

onandoffagain

Back to top Go down

Post by whitzendJane on Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:13 am

Yes I have had banging heart 'syndrome'...sometimes with triptans sometimes without.

If you are in pain or your body is struggling to cope with any illness it can throw your heart rate up generally speaking..so I don't see why migs should be any different.

I feel so disapointed you have been ill again...((((HUGS))))

xxxx
whitzendJane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee on Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:54 am

Thanks ladies - I am not so worried now Smile

Yes a silent mig is one where you get all the visual and physical aura and no pulsing head pain - I have had a scale 3 head pain today, but not the pulsing one. The physical aura has however been bad - had to go back to bed twice and I took a triptan - which helped for an hour and then i went again Sad No idea why, maybe the tritan was just masking it.

I have decided to change my diary a little and i am now going to record the level of pain and level of aura as i seem to be getting more and more silent migs.

Yes Jane, I am disappointed too, BUT I am not giving up just yet - its early days. I will just have to have 'shiny' hair LOL

Tee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by onandoffagain on Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:05 am

Sorry to hear you are suffering again. (dry shampoo is fab!)
I thought we weren't supposed to take triptan with HM? Or am I confusing Triptan with something else? Its all so confusing! I dont know how you manage to tell when one starts and stops, mine seem to all just roll into one another. I read the article you posted abut the 4 phases, but I cant decide which bit is which.

onandoffagain

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee on Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:25 am

Yes you are not suppose to take triptans - and I am NOT endorsing it - but sometimes I just cannot stand it any more Sad and I have found that they can knock it down a level. - (Interesting Dr Shevel made a note about them on that thread)

LMAO Mine started on 15th May 2006! and it has never stopped Sad it just goes up and down in severity - do you keep a mig diary?

Tee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by onandoffagain on Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:56 pm

I did start one but I got so confused I gave up! lol
I think I should start again x

onandoffagain

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee on Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:52 pm

If your going to get that referral, it will help the consultant. I will upload my template for you later on today - it a simple calendar layout and you just mark the pain level and if you have taken meds. I also mark the aura level. I then keep a separate note book for stuff that is new - ie the heart ponding and HM after washing my hair.

Its simple - you cannot do complicated when you cannot think straight lol
Tee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by onandoffagain on Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:49 am

ah that would be great thank you Razz

onandoffagain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheena Hulston on Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:17 am

Hi Tee do you remember the story a little while ago about poeple who have strokes should not lean back at sinls to have there hair washed at the hairdressers?
Cant remember when or where I saw it but they tried to sue over it it made the news, it was when I was really ill so fuzzy over it but will search for it on net. Maybe it will be relevent
I get palpatations when my migs get over a 7 which is quite often thought this was just cause of pain reaction.
Sheena x
Sheena Hulston

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheena Hulston on Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:21 am

Sheena Hulston

Back to top Go down

Post by Tee on Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:37 am

I had not seen that one - so thanks.

I think that is what happened - only it kicked off a mig (well I hope if was not a TIA but who knows) - I think the Botox in the neck is restricting already and then when I bent my neck right back I restricted the blood flow even more. Sad

Going to do it in the shower from now on - and I will have to think how I do the hairdressers in the future - not that I go very often due to the smell lol

Still feeling numb Sad

Tee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheena Hulston on Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:04 am

No I didnt mean it would kick off a TIA I just meant it was probably a bad thing for people with migraines to do. Just did my usual thought it didnt say it!!! Just not in a brain working day today sorry.
Sheena x
Sheena Hulston

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum